Janice Kapp Perry

Janice Kapp Perry - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Feb, 2012 - 8:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th Feb, 2008 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

Janice Kapp Perry

There was a song at Pres. Hinckley's funeral that was performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir called "What is this thing that men call Death?". It is a poem that was written by Pres. Hinckley many years ago. Janice's niece found it and asked her aunt to put music to the poem because she wanted the song to be part of her funeral service. Janice's niece passed away in January of this year. She is now making available the lyrics and the music sheet for free with a nice explanation about how the song came to be.

https://www.abc4.com/media/news/8/d/4/8d4dd...Story_Music.pdf

Sponsored Links:
27th May, 2008 - 7:50am / Post ID: #

Perry Kapp Janice

I love this lady and her talent.

I have only met her once but she actually is related to my best friend and also my neighbor across the street who was married to my best friends dad. I won't go into details but he got cancer and called his sister Joy Saunders Lundburg and asked her to write a song for his wife--her and Janice wrote the song and music and sent it back up here. It was sang at his funeral and the spirit was so strong. I was blessed to be there when he played it for her for the very first time! WOW--it is so amazing the power of music!

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2012 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

Janice Kapp Perry Studies Doctrine Mormon

"Hymns of Janice Kapp Perry"

Janice Kapp Perry wrote the music for the beloved hymn "As Sisters in Zion." She is also a major contributor for many songs in the Children's Songbook. Hear the history behind these songs. Janice herself shares some of the stories of how the songs came about. Ref. Source 9

> TOPIC: Janice Kapp Perry

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,