Chris Buttars: A Racist?

Chris Buttars Racist - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th Dec, 2009 - 9:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th Feb, 2008 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

It is my understanding that he has been a member of the Church for a very long time, so I would like some feedback to what do you think about the "black baby" statement he made.

While discussing SB 48s2 (Equalization of School Capital Outlay Funding) Senator Stephenson said, "I rise to stand in support of what I call the ugly baby bill. Senator Eastman has been liken to Solomon in bringing this forward, but he's holding a ugly baby and he's about to cut it in half."

Approximately 20 minutes later Senator Chris Buttars said, "This baby is black I'll tell ya, it's a dark ugly thing."

https://utahamicus.blogspot.com/2008/02/lis...-this-baby.html

Since the incident he has apologized. Do you consider him a racist? Do you think it is a common mindset (although not openly expressed) within members of the Church with regards to Black folks?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Feb, 2009 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Racist Buttars Chris

Buttars loses chairmanship over remarks

Sen. Chris Butttars, R-West Jordan, will not resign as a result of his anti-gay statements to a documentary filmmaker, but he will lose two key chairmanships, it was announced Friday. To a packed room of reporters, Senate President Michael Waddoups, R-Taylorsville, announced he was stripping Buttars of his chairmanship of the Senate Judiciary Committee, because that's where gay rights bills would be heard. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2009 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Chris Buttars: A Racist? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Sen. Chris Buttars vs. Anti-discrimination bill

"I don't think anybody should be discriminated against," said Buttars, R-West Jordan. "But in America, we have never given special privilege or protection to little groups. We give them to the entire nation." Ref. Source 6

Chris Buttars: A Racist? (Hover)

22nd Sep, 2009 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

Racist Buttars Chris

I dont know if he's a racist but after that comment of the black baby you can well figure out what kind of mindset he has you know what am I saying? geez this people should just shut their mouth instead of opening their mouth and sound completely stupid.

6th Nov, 2009 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

Racist Buttars Chris

I think that Chris Buttars' remarks reflect how a lot of people feel about immigrants in Utah. There are a couple of Threads here of direct quotes from Utahans about the immigrant situation and they are beyond their tolerance level.

12th Nov, 2009 - 7:51am / Post ID: #

To me when Chris Buttars said, "This baby" this problem, this challenge, "is black" is bad, is evil, why are we working on this? its his manner of speech. And yeah he needs to watch what is says because he's a conservative, and the liberals want him out in the worst way. The liberals have people who listen to every word he says to try to catch him and twist the meaning for their own EVIL, yeah I said it, WAYS. To me he's like an old testament prophet that the general populace doesn't like, because he stands up for truth. I'm ashamed of his fellow republicans, none of them dare to cross the liberals and stand along beside him. But then how many prophets were popular and loved? When the people are wicked, they won't tolerate good people standing for truth, and it sure seems like a person needs and extra serving of GUTS to serve in the legislature these days.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Dec, 2009 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Chris Buttars Racist

I wouldn't call Chris Buttars conservative unless you're talking about his own personal conservative views, but he definitely doesn't represent just the right.

> TOPIC: Chris Buttars: A Racist?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,