Krav Maga

Krav Maga - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 20th Mar, 2008 - 1:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Israeli Fighting Art
26th Feb, 2008 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Krav Maga

Krav Maga

This is the Israeli Fighting Art that was made widely popular by Jeniffer Lopez's character in the movie "Enough". Of course Krav Maga does not need introductions from Jennifer since Krav Maga has always been known to be a brutal defense / attack form that enables a soldier or civilian to defend themselves in hostile situations.

The main thing I like about Krav Maga is realism. Unlike many other martial art forms where you have to learn a special style or stance Krav Maga deals with life on the streets and improvising by being brutal.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Feb, 2008 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

Krav Maga
A Friend

Maga Krav

All martial arts can be brutal, but many have more subtle techniques than bone breaking and joint dislocation.
A Martial artist that can manipulate nerves, energy centres and meridians can be much more refined than the brutal killer.
To paralyze by expelling the lungs of air, or jolting the solar plexus or even having the effect of retching the stomach is possible with the art of Dim Mak.
Subtle but deadly and definitely not a myth.

29th Feb, 2008 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Krav Maga Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I saw this on Fight Quest with the Israeli gal out of hell, she was brutal!

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2008 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Krav Maga
A Friend

Maga Krav

I have just read a book on Krav Maga by David Kahn.
My Girlfriend needs some Self Defence tips, this book will be a good start for her.
Then mabe if she likes the idea, I may lead her to the more artistic styles of Kung Fu.
For the moment, brutal is good, a means to an end.

19th Mar, 2008 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Maga Krav

I read up on this its more like commando style training. Some of the movements is based on havin a gun.

19th Mar, 2008 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Krav Maga

Brutal is the whole point of winning a fight. Put them down break open their head, break a back, arm leg, who cares. You fight for one reason to win. Looking purty is for models not fighters.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2008 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Krav Maga
A Friend

Krav Maga

But what about staying within the law?
In Britain, the law states that you may apply as much force as is required to prevent injury to yourself or another.
So if your life is threatened, you can use deadly force.
But if you overkill, that is use to much force to repel a relatively weak attack, you could end up behind bars for over doing it!

20th Mar, 2008 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Krav Maga Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Yes the same law applies here also. Equal force in response to the attack. Now that is where it is tricky.

Yes some throws a punch you can basically block with a toss. But you can apply your foot to the persons head to hold them in place if done correctly. If the person out right is attacking multiple hits attempted then you have much more leeway. As your are now in a life threatening position and harsh force but not deadly can be used. Breaking a arm is not deadly but harsh.

If you are using the full extent of an art form like Krav Mega most likely you are already in a life threatening situation so have at it.

Also I like to add if you are going to bother to learn martial arts one discipline is never enough to cover all that you face in life. So best to learn more even if it is just to learn better self defense techniques vs attack methods. But If I am attacked by bigger stronger or more then one yes kid gloves are off knee caps, elbow are great soft points to cripple the other and thus you living vs death.

I guess it is my thought that first you are going to try to avoid the fight. Thus a hard block or such to let the other know your are capable. many times that ends it on its own. Mostly just avoid putting your self in a bad position. Never ever never should fight for fun. Once engaged know full well the other person has full intent of you being crippled or worse and respond accordingly.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Krav Maga

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,