World of Medieval Support & Questions - Page 29 of 40

The belt pouch is 1 GP and the others you - Page 29 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 27th Jan, 2013 - 1:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 40 pgs.  25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33  ...Latest (40) »
WOM Support If after reading the Sticky Threads within this Board you still have questions then please ask them here. Only those with RPGer status will be able to ask questions.
25th Jan, 2013 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

World of Medieval Support & Questions - Page 29

The Game Master says...

As a herbalist and beverage maker you will likely have the equipment needed in your hut in the Village, however it does not necessarily mean you have the ingredients to create a finished product. Your secondary skill allows you to know what is necessary and identify with those things needed to do a job for money. For example, in a forest you may be able to identify plants for healing, sickness, etc. At home you probably can brew your own ale and so forth. Note that these things take time to achieve and so they are not instantaneous.

Sponsored Links:
25th Jan, 2013 - 9:26am / Post ID: #

Questions and Support Medieval World

I was thinking about herbal teas rather than drinks from distillation or fermentation. Real life examples could be ginger tea, for curing sore throat, or camomille, for relaxing. I was thinking about looking for the herbs, flowers, leaves, berries or roots and dry them if needed. Crumble them in a mortar and boil them with water. Then filter the residue and have beverage ready. With the components already at hand, the process would require ten minutes and should be easy to do while setting camp. Do you think that would be possible? While at home, can I research new beverages? How to make poisons? Sorry JB for the many questions and thank you for dedicating your time to them.

25th Jan, 2013 - 10:02am / Post ID: #

World of Medieval Support & Questions RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

Creating an infusion is a routine action for a Character with the herbalist secondary skill. Using your example and as I pointed out before: You will need the items to do it: ginger, something to boil it, fire, and of course water. I only dedicate Scenario time to relevant things, so if your character simply wants to drink an infusion I will not even mention it in the story unless it is of significance to the story itself for instance: Your Character is paid to make an infusion for someone who will only talk after drinking it, or you are looking for herbs to cure the disease of an infected Party Member.

Making potent poisons will depend on the availability of the ingredients. As a general rule you will know unhealthy plants and which may make someone sick, but something that would kill on the first sip or as it touches the blood you will likely not have the ingredients for as they would be considered rare. Someone who is versed in apothecary in a dedicated fashion or working with alchemist may have such ingredients and you will not find someone like that in the Village but definitely in East City.

25th Jan, 2013 - 10:52am / Post ID: #

Page 29 Questions and Support Medieval World

Thank you. These informations are of great help and that's all I wanted to know. I'm thinking of some ways to make a magician an important member of the party since the very beginning. That's why I sacrificed the physical aspect and put more emphasis on the mental statistics this time. I'll sit down during combats but hopefully become of utmost value in several other circumstances.

26th Jan, 2013 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

Questions and Support Medieval World

You're planning to lace our weapons with poison? Can't you just buy the poison, there should be someone that sells it and the thief in the party will probably know where to get it.

26th Jan, 2013 - 5:22am / Post ID: #

World of Medieval Support & Questions

Yes, specially my arrows: I have -2 on damage and poisoning the arrows could fix this huge disadvantage. But, honestly, I was more thinking about putting paralyzing poison in the drinks I offer to potential sources of informations so we can abduct them and interrogate them (remember how difficult for you guys in East City capture somebody connected to the Dark Cleric?). I was not so much interested in deadly poisons, more the debilitating ones, that's why I asked if I can experiment new drinks and play with poisons while at home.
I also want to brew mild infuses to sell in markets or taverns to rise gold. In East City I can practice as fortune teller but in the Village that would be highly detrimental for my character's reputation.
Just working hard to make Cagliostro a character worth having around for all of you guys: I had enough of horse watchers. I made a big mistake with Tanar: body is useless for a magician. Now I have very high mind and soul so I can be the golden man in any situation outside combat where I will just try to sit down and watch whenever possible.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Jan, 2013 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

World Medieval Support & Questions - Page 29

The belt pouch is a Market item so no problem but how much for the [mortar and pestle] and the pot? Is the pot made of iron, copper or other material?

27th Jan, 2013 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

World Medieval Support & Questions World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 29

The Game Master says...

The belt pouch is 1 GP and the others you will likely have already from your home. The mortar and pestle will be made out of heavy wood and the pot could be small from iron or ceramic or even pottery, please see attached.

World of Medieval Support & Questions
World of Medieval Support & Questions (Hover)

> TOPIC: World of Medieval Support & Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,