Summit Of The Americas - Page 3 of 8

Over 750 journalists registered so far As - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 14th Apr, 2009 - 2:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »
Cruse, Ship Tours, Fishing 2009
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2009 - 11:14am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Summit Of The Americas - Page 3

Backward to shut out the people

Is the Government of Trinidad and Tobago afraid of the people of this country? The Government is acting as if Trinis are the most uncivilised and dumbest people in the world and thus they can't be trusted with foreigners. Like the proverbial unstable aunt taken to the basement, the citizens are told to keep away and remain hidden while world leaders and the international media are in town. Ref. Source 7

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2009 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

Americas The Summit

I just hope we don't embarass ourselves. After that we can look at Manning to see how much it killed our pockets but there is no stopping it now.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2009 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Summit Of The Americas
A Friend

Summit Of The Americas Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

The more I hear of what is going on down there on your little islands the more I wonder if the summit is being held in the right place. I do hope some good comes out of this and your police forces get to stopping some of the violent criminals.

11th Apr, 2009 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Americas The Summit

I know what you mean but they have loads of military and police out. THey only do these things for foreigners but hardly ever for the locals. I believe the leaders of the Summit will be protected.

12th Apr, 2009 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

Americas The Summit

Manning is not taking any chances with the amount of Presidents coming, I wonder though how do they go about choosing where the summit is going to be held every year?

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2009 - 10:24am / Post ID: #

Summit Of The Americas

Mass wastage on ridiculous projects

The Summit is upon us and any protests about hosting it are now void, as T&T will undoubtedly prove it is capable of hosting such a fixture. Yet that achievement can never be enough. The real cause of protest should be directed at the political will that has emerged-a will resulting in heightened security in a crime-ridden nation, a coincidental caring for the "homeless" (can I still use that word or has it been permanently changed like the French re-naming of "Breakfast Shed"?), a revamping of the roads and the installation of security cameras long needed as a tool in the feeble war upon crime. Ref. Source 5

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Apr, 2009 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

Summit The Americas - Page 3

Well folks, I just thought of a few benefits of having the Summit here:

1) Roads being paved (you would think elections are right around the corner)
2) Streets are being cleaned. After so many years of raining and flooding, not once, have you ever seen anyone taking the time to do power washing in the streets.
3) Removal of homeless people (well at least for a short while; it would be interesting to see what happens when the Summit is over....)
4) Beautification of the Beetham area. So many years this area has been neglected and considered an eyesore. The Government refuses to acknowledge that this beautification project is all for the Summit.
5) Dirty buildings are getting a long overdue facelift. People do not care how filthy our buildings look and all of a sudden, the foreigners are coming and we are doing our best to look clean and civilised by painting all the dingy buildings.
6) Increased security: don't think that all this security is for the locals, only for the Summit people! Then, it's back to the crime when the foreigners are gone, the locals once again, must fend for themselves.
6) An unexpected holiday for some: Trinis would love this but some businessmen are dreading it!

I feel a wave of sadness when I see all this preparation for the Summit. So much money is being poured into projects that could be utilised in more urgent matters such as Health care, Security, construction of better schools....Where is the love for the locals? Whatever happened to taking care of your own? I am very unhappy to see where the Government priorities lie. And I laugh at all those who voted for this regime!

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2009 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Summit The Americas Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

Over 750 journalists registered so far

As the countdown to the Fifth Summit of the Americas-one of the biggest events to ever be hosted by Trinidad and Tobago-nears its end, some 440 international and 318 local media personnel have already been accredited for the mega-meeting. Ref. Source 8

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Summit Of The Americas

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,