Baby Sitter Accused Of Injuring 1-year-old

Baby Sitter Accused Injuring 1-year-old - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Feb, 2008 - 3:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th Feb, 2008 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

Another babysitter horror story. That's why I do not leave my kids with anyone. There are way too many cases like this one. Poor little baby!

A Richardson woman remained behind bars Tuesday after being arrested for injuring a child in her care.

Alice Annette Steele, 40, was taken into custody after a 1-year-old girl she was caring for was found to have suffered head trauma. She has been charged with injury to a child and is being held in the Richardson City Jail.

The child remained hospitalized in critical condition Tuesday, police said.

Ms. Steele had been baby-sitting the girl and her 2-year-old sibling for several days while their parents were caring for a baby who was born Feb. 18, Sgt. Kevin Perlich said. Ms. Steele is believed to be a friend of the injured child's family.

Emergency crews were called to Ms. Steele's home in the 1500 block of Summertree Court about 9:40 p.m. Monday after receiving a 911 call that a child was choking.

"The baby was transported to Richardson Medical Center, where they found signs of a head injury," Sgt. Perlich said.

He said the child was later transferred to Children's Medical Center Dallas. No additional information was available late Tuesday.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2008 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

-year-old Injuring Accused Sitter Baby

This is why I worked nights for so long. I would stay up in the day and care for my small children myself while my wife worked. My children are all now teens so I am getting more sleep and working days now. I think they should have found a grandmother or some other family who would have cared more for this young child. I hope she recovers and has a nice life.

> TOPIC: Baby Sitter Accused Of Injuring 1-year-old

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,