Coptic Christians Starve Guest

Coptic Christians Starve Guest - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2008 - 5:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th Feb, 2008 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

This story is truly disturbing, watching the pics of this young man is even more disturbing. Unless this kid went through some psychological trauma due to this incident I cannot fully comprehend his willingness to continue living with this host family despite the fact he is being starved. It was better for him to go to another host in a bad neighborhood than to almost die! I am also surprised at the parent's reaction of not finding out more about his status.

HALLOWELL, Maine  -  Jonathan McCullum was in perfect health at 155 pounds when he left last summer to spend the school year as an exchange student in Egypt.

But when he returned home to Maine just four months later, the 5-foot-9 teenager weighed a mere 97 pounds and was so weak that he struggled to carry his baggage or climb a flight of stairs. Doctors said he was at risk for a heart attack.

McCullum says he was denied sufficient food while staying with a family of Coptic Christians, who fast for more than 200 days a year, a regimen unmatched by other Christians.

But he does not view the experience as a culture clash. Rather, he said, it reflected mean and stingy treatment by his host family, whose broken English made it difficult to communicate.

"The weight loss concerned me, but I wanted to stick out the whole year," he said in an interview at his family's home outside Augusta.

Friends and teachers at his English-speaking school in Egypt urged him to change his host family, but he stayed put after being told the other home was in a dangerous neighborhood of Alexandria....

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Feb, 2008 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Guest Starve Christians Coptic

So he took the lesser of two evils in his book. He would rather starve than go to a rough and possible dangerous neighborhood. The choice he mad could have cost him his life but it was one he made. I do not understand why none of his "friends" or teachers at the school did not make sure he had plenty of food to eat while in their care. That alone would have made the whole experience worth while for him as he learned how some people treat those who are different than they are.

28th Feb, 2008 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Coptic Christians Starve Guest Revealed Bible The

Religious fanatic bastards. They could of given the boy some food at least!

2nd Mar, 2008 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Guest Starve Christians Coptic

If that's what they choose to do, then that's their choice, but they certainly shouldn't be involving somebody from another religious background and culture into their mad plans!
It makes it so much worse that they have treated their guest so badly, but also have not done anything about the weak sickly state that it has turned this boy to!
All credit to the teenager for his determination and patience, but in my opinion, it shouldn't have been able to get to this stage without anybody doing anything about it!

> TOPIC: Coptic Christians Starve Guest

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,