St. Vincent Mormons

St Vincent Mormons - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Jul, 2014 - 8:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

St Vincent and the Grenadines Latter-Day Saints
Post Date: 4th Mar, 2008 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

St. Vincent Mormons

St Vincent and the Grenadines Latter-Day Saints

Hi This is Sr. Abdeslam, here is some more information on St. Vincent, they now have 2 branches on the Island and 4 missionaries, Brother Sutherland is the branch president of the Kingstown branch, and Brother Young is President of the other one. Sorry don't remember what it's call. Sister Gord husband Br. Gordon died in November. Another Missionary from St. Vincent is Sr. Williams not sure where she served, Sister Casether Adam got married in November she is now Sr. Moses brother Sutherland also got married about 3 weeks ago, to the newest member of the Kingstown branch.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Vincent St

Name: Matt Fisk

Comments: At it's high point St. Vincent had 8 missionaries and a couple serving on the island. It was one of the few islands (The only one off of Barbados) to actually have it's own chapel. St. Vincent has since been abandoned and there are no more missionaries serving on this island. I served here myself so I spoke with President Valentine for some time about this. Apparently when he entered there were six missionaries on the island but the church has since instigated a program of working on the five "Hot Zones" Of a mission. Missionaries were withdrawn from the island one set at a time and it was eventually left without missionaries. Hopefully things will improve soon.

6th Jul, 2014 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

St. Vincent Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

Update: I spoke with the past mission president (President Mason) and they now have two missionaries serving on this island. I am glad to hear it because I served on this island myself for 6 months of my mission. I hope to get more information from President Mason soon...

Jim Davis reports that the missionaries on this island are "Tearing it up by using member missionary work"

I have recently gotten correspondence from Michelle Spencer (You may remember her as Michelle James) and she was kind enough to supply names of natives that have served missions for the church:

international QUOTE

Vivian James - West Indies Mission
Clive Charles - West Indies Mission
Gershwyn Williams - West Indies Mission
Juan Williams - Florida
Ossie Fisher - Toronto
Emily - Puerto Rico
Carrittee Sutherland - England
Michelle Brown -
Mark James - Detroit Michigan
Casether Adams - Florida

Michelle was attending Ricks when she met her current husband and is now living in Canada and has two little ones. The work is worth every ounce of sweat!"

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2014 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Vincent St

Name: Trevor Johnston

Comments: "I served in the West Indies mission from August 1991 to July 1992 and came home due to a bad illness I caught, some nasty bug. Anyhow, Victor Henry served a mission and is a native of St. Kitts to Florida, he is currently living in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, along with Michelle James (Maiden name) who is also living here in Edmonton Alberta. I am in Edmonton in case you wondered. Also, St. Vincent once had 12 elders on the island, just before I got there in August of 1991, when I got there we were down to 10 and then when I left in February 1992 we were down to 6 elders plus the couple missionaries. You have on there a high of 8 elders. Also the church video, Lives of Service, a 15 - 20 minute video features many shots from St. Vincent, the members there and the island. It is great for reminiscing!"

> TOPIC: St. Vincent Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,