Alaska Abortion

Alaska Abortion - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th Nov, 2007 - 9:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Alaska Teens Can Make Own Abortion Decision
4th Nov, 2007 - 6:32am / Post ID: #

Alaska Abortion

Alaska teens can make own abortion decision
3-2 VOTE: State Supreme Court justices say notification is OK.

international QUOTE
The Alaska Supreme Court threw out an embattled state law Friday that required parental or judicial consent before a teenager can have an abortion.

In a 3-2 decision, the court said the consent requirement robs a pregnant teen of her constitutional right to make such an important decision herself and transfers that right to her parents or a judge.

However, a law that required parents to be notified of a juvenile daughter's plan to have an abortion would probably be all right, said Chief Justice Dana Fabe in the majority decision for the court. It's a option many other states use, she noted.

To read more Source 2

I wonder if the numbers will increase just in the fact that they don't have to get permission so it is that much easier to make a quick, irrational decision. What do you think?

Sponsored Links:
5th Nov, 2007 - 10:11am / Post ID: #

Abortion Alaska

I am not for abortion and think it is actually a wrongful thing, in all but some very select circumstances. However, I do not think it is my right to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body, especially as abortions happened long before they were made leagal or illegal by anyone. That is between the woman and her God to sort out. With the numbers go up? I would say they probably will, but not by very much, with one exception. If the state of Alaska starts setting aside more to support abortions, then there will be more that have the abortion because it is easy. Should it not be a state sponsored abortion, then I really don't see the numbers going up too much because the woman has to get the money from somewhere and family is a logical supporter in rough times, so it wouldnt be a whole lot different.

Post Date: 5th Nov, 2007 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

Alaska Abortion
A Friend

Alaska Abortion Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Rather off topic, but...
They want to regulate video games and movies, yet this is okay? *pounds head against desk*

I've got nothing against abortions being legal, but when it begins to be used as an after the fact form of birth control THAT'S when I have issues with it. This seems to be a solid step forward in that direction. I wish certain groups would stop trying to push the idea that abortions are risk free. Possible risk of untimely demise anyone?

FDA Strengthens Warning on RU-486

5th Nov, 2007 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

Abortion Alaska

This, to me, has less to do with Abortion and more to do with allowing Parents to make medical choices for their children (And yes teenagers are still children under the Law).

Kids need parental permission (at least in the United States) for them to carry aspirin, go on a field trip, play sports, and receive other medical (non-abortive) procedures in hospitals. Why should a complicated and controversial issue such as abortion be any different? Because these kids have a corner on being responsible?

If that is true then we should just take kids out of their parents homes and let kids make all of lifes decisions for themselves.

> TOPIC: Alaska Abortion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,