KNtoran's Blog - Page 4 of 21

Well I went to see the doctor about my foot. - Page 4 - Public Member Blogs - Posted: 6th Jun, 2008 - 5:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (21) »

Member Blog
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2008 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog - Page 4

I will be off an on for the next few days. We had our youngest son get his tonsils and adnoids out. They were grwoing and slowly chocking him. We needed to get this done. I have taken time off work to be home with him as he recovers

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2008 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

Blog KNtorans

Well here I am again. Spring is fanally here in temps and weather for a change. Now I can start thinking of getting the yard looking great for another year. I need to go out and inspect my roofs and gutter sytem to make sure they are ready for another season of hot temps and monsoon type rains as thunderstorms pass us by. The yard work is supervised by me but it is the kids who do a lot of actual work. I am training them to be good caretakers of thier own yards when they get a place of their own. I hope that I can instill in them the needs that it takes to prperly care for and maintain a home so they can have a nice place of thier own and care for it like it needs. It is a never ending process of careing for you home and making sure it looks nice from the outside.

The inside care and upkeep of a house I leave for my wife to teach them. They see me doing a lot of the houshold chores so they will not think that it is a wifes place to do all the things inside while they play outside. I want them to be able to do most any repair that come up in a house. My eldest son already knows how to replace glass after he broke a window. This year he gets to see how to scrub down the siding of a house to make it look good. It has been a coupe years since I did this so it needs to be done again. If things go right this year I will be adding a new screen door to my main entry. That with some concrete work should help them become better home owners when they are out on their own.

Well that is all I have for now see you all in the funny pages. smile.gif

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2008 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog Blogs Member Public

Yes I am still around just have not had time to post anything in here for a bit. But that does not mean that I am short on things to say. Far from it. It is just at times I forget to post things. I hope you all understand.

I live with two cats and two dogs at the present time. The eldest is my cat called Tigger. Now tigger is just your average short haired tabby. He is orange and cream colored. HE likes to cuddle with me only. Kids and most women will not see him unless I am in the room. We got him from the animal shelter. He has permeant ring around the collar we think he was abused as a kitten by a woman. We got him when he was 18 month old. He is a great pet.

Our second oldest pet is a dog named Jake. He is half black lab and half aussie shepard. HE is wonderful dog who thinks he is a small puppy. He has a tendency to step on your feet as he walks past. He is a big dog and he is the home security package when I am not there. He is very gentle to be around even if little kids are there. We rescueded him from the animal shelter too.

The third pet is a long haired Main coon black cat named shadow. He is the weird one of the cats. He kneeds the floor when drinking and he likes to be given attention no matter what kind all the time. It is a good thing that tigger and him play a lot. He will rub upo against you, jump up on you and basically demand that you pet him or give him attention. We call this pet raping you. HE is a stalker too. You turn around and there he is sitting there watching you. We rescued him from the animal shelter too. Do you sense a pattern here?

The fourth pet second dog is a Bishon Freise. We bought her as my wife was looking for a small dog to have as a house pet. Since our bigger dog spends the day outside in his big fenced in yard she wanted a dog to be just inside with her. We call her Cara. She is a spoiled little mutt. SHe thinks she is a cat at times because she lays on the furniture like the cats taught her. She is smaller than the cats in size but slightly bigger in weight. SHe is 15 lbs the cats at 12.4 and 12.6 lbs. I think shadows hair weight more.

Now that being said I thin we have the weirdest pets. We have gone a good three years with all the pets in the house at night. Last night we set our glasses on our night stand like always. This morning upon waking up our glasses were gone!
Now I wonder what happened to them did we knock them off in the night? NOpe not there. Did I leave mine on the computer desk like I do at times? Nope not there. SO I get my trusty flashlight and start searching. I find my glasses out in the living room on the floor. What the heck. Who was using my glasses? My wife finds her glasses on the floor in the living room too but hers are chewed up on the end. Stupid pets. Why after all this time do they decide to go after glasses? Now we have to hide our glasses from our pets. I did take her glasses in to the eye doctor and they fixed them. Good thing she had a second pair to use for work today. Since mine is mostly for reading and computer work I was able to make it through til now. So why are pets so weird? I will never understand. smile.gif

Post Date: 8th May, 2008 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

Page 4 Blog KNtorans

Well here I am again. Yesterday was a very interesting day for me. My 15 year old step son threatened me saying he was going to call DHS (department of Human Services) on me because I was making him do something his mother asked him to do. HE is upset because his mother took away his laptop computer. See all my kids have their own laptops or desk top computers. They all have internet access on their computers. We do not restrict them from going to any site on the internet. We do how ever go in and see what they have been doing on the internet on a regular basis. Well in the last check my wife found a credit card number and name that does not belong to anyone in our family. He says he does not know whose card or name it is . It is also in a e-mail that he wrote complaining that he had "paid" for a item with this card and did not get what he "paid" for. SInce he would not tell her she took the computer and took the computer she gave it his biological dad who is in the process of wiping his computer.

OK back to the original thought. HE was asked by his mother to write a sentence 1000 times. Well he was refusing to continue his writing yesterday when I asked him to do it. He got mad at me and told me since I was soo mean he was going to call DHS and report me for child abuse. I told him here is the phone and here is the number start dialing. He did not like that answer at all and went totally off. HE said he did want to go to the phone because I was just going to beat him with it. SO I tossed it to him and told him to dial to his hearts content. He turned around and started to leave the house saying he will be at his friends house. I told him if he left the property I would call the police and issue a runaway report. I told him they would show up at your friends house and bring him home.

Well he never did write more and his mom really laid into him. Gonna make today more interesting I think. smile.gif

Post Date: 17th May, 2008 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

Blog KNtorans

Well I am back again. I am excited. We finally got to move my office to a new space that was built just for my job. My department consists of 4 people who have to maintain a 24/7/365 coverage. With 4 people that is hard. If anyone goes on vacation the others have to cover by working a lot of overtime. When you figure there are 168 hours in a week and 4 people working 40 hours that is only 160 hours. This is why every wednesday I have to work a 12 hour shift. Now when someone takes vacation that is 40 hour in a week or 8 hours in day the other three have to cover.

Now that we have the new office area we can hire one or two more people. We are planning on hiring one more this month or next so we can start them on training. It will be my responsiblity to train the new person. I have to sit down and get a new manual written to train the new person with. Since we are in a new area a lot of our old procedures will no longer work. SO writing a new manuel is going to be both fun and time consuming. I just hope that things go well and we can eliminate a lot of the overtime we get each year.

Post Date: 24th May, 2008 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog

This is memorial day weekend the unofficial start of the summer. Usually that means a sharp increase in gas prices. I think at $3.699 a gallon that is high enough but I know it is going to go up some more.

I look back at my life at time of a veterans holiday and think to myself how did I manage to get this far in life? I am not a perfect person and I know I have some faults. I try to be a good person and help others if they need it. That does not mean I will be a carpet and let you walk all over me. I learned early in life that if you do that you are going to have people walking all over you. I have a very hard core that I will show if needed and I got most of that while in the military. I learned not to take crap off anyone. I learned that I me number one here is in charge and so you better listen to me. While I am not this way most of the time there are times it comes out and I expect to be heard and people do as I say. Most of the time they do and everything is fine again. But once in awhile they do not and problems arise. I think some people are on this earth just to ignore authorities. Oh well they will learn the hard way.

I hope you all enjoy the holiday weekend. On Monday, in the USA, while your out and about and you see a vet. Take the time to stop and thank him for the service he has provided you. Have a great weekend

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2008 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog - Page 4

I may have to go to the doctors soon. Monday I woke up with a pain in my foot. I looked for any signs of injuries and I did not find any. Something happened in my sleep sunday night to cause my foot to hurt. Today I can barely walk it hurts soo much. It started to swell up last night. It feels as if the bone is cracked or some things smashed my foot. The area that is affected is right behind my big toe. The part of your foot that bends when your walking. I have done nothing to cause this and I have no injuries. Just anther part of my wonderful life. One more pain I am learning to live with. I will wait a week to see if it gets any better if not I will make a appointment for Monday the 9th to have it examined. I do not know what could have caused this to happen. May be related to the other problems I have.

Post Date: 6th Jun, 2008 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog Public Member Blogs - Page 4

Well I went to see the doctor about my foot. I did not see my normal doctor but one of the others in the medical clinic. SHe came in poked it a few times. ( my foot that is) and announced I have gout. And to make sure she is correct she had some blood drawn so they can test my Uric acid level. Now I am not a medical doctor but if someone told me they did not know how they injured their foot I may want to gat a X-ray to be able to better diagnose the problem. I was there not five minutes and had to pay $15 and only thing I did was watch them take blood from me. I guess she is all knowing.

I got home later on and I researched gout. One of the ways you get it is your hydration level is down. Hello she did not ask how much fluids I take in. I take in over 4 liters of water a day. I drink at least 3 liters at work and at least one at home a day. I think I am very well hydrated. When talking to a co worker who has gout our symptoms are not the same. He said he gets biting or stabbing feeling in his joint when his acts up. My foot is only a pain like one you get if you twist your ankle. It hurts but it is not stabbing pain. I know what a stabbing pain is I live with it daily in my muscles. My coworker also told me his gout sticks around for about a week or ten days. My foot is still tender but I can walk on it with little difficulty. This is just three and one half days later. Seems to me I may have just sprained it. BUt I guess I will see what the blood test says. darn doctors anyway. Then people wonder why I hate going to them.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (21) »

> TOPIC: KNtoran's Blog

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,