KNtoran's Blog - Page 5 of 21

As we get more and more dry here in Iowa it - Page 5 - Public Member Blogs - Posted: 20th Jun, 2008 - 6:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (21) »

Member Blog
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2008 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog - Page 5

Life is once more getting interesting around here. The severe weather missed me by less than five miles last night. Just to the south of me. I do not remember a time that a tornado has come that close to town. I have lived in the general area over half of my life and the closest they have come is 10 miles to the north or south. We have not had any in this town that anyone I know remember.

Now the amount of rain we have gotten are pushing river levels to the point of the floods of 1993 in central Iowa. In that time we had some of the worst flooding I have seen in Iowa. people called it the 500 year flood. Well this is just 15 years later and it is happening again. I may have a hard time getting to work if it keeps up. The major road leading to the airport from the north is closed. This is due to flooding. I have to come in from the south now. Good thing I live south. Butthe main road I use is being threatened by water too. Back in 1993 the water did not cross this road.

Like I said it is going to be interesting especially since we have more rains in the forecast. If you happen to see me floating past toss me a rope. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2008 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

Blog KNtorans

My blood test came back yesterday and just as I thought my uric acid levels are normal. Now I think the doctor should have x rayed my foot to back her findings. My foot has been fine and I have been able to walk on it with no problems since last thursday. I believe that all I did was turn wrong in injure it without my knowledge. I have others tell me they did that too. I will monitor this and see if it comes back or not. Gout is something that reoccurs if you have it. I will wait and see.

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2008 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog Blogs Member Public

Just a quick note before I leave for work. I hope to get some pictures of the river tonight to add to my flickr account. That way you can see the rise of water in the past 24 hours. Here is copy of the forecast for the next 24 hours.

This Afternoon: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. Windy, with a south southeast wind around 23 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 1am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. Breezy, with a south wind between 13 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Thursday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 1pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Cloudy, with a high near 79. Southwest wind between 6 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Thursday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. Southwest wind between 5 and 9 mph. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible

I believe I will need a boat soon to get to work.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2008 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

Page 5 Blog KNtorans

It is turning out to be a day of closures as river levels continue to rise. I have heard of six other streets closing since last night. I believe the list is going to go up even more as the day progresses. I do know I have to leave for work earlier now since we will be hosting more city departments at our site. With the influx of people they need experienced workers to assist.

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2008 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

Blog KNtorans

I got more photos but wouldn't you know it I left the camera in my wifes car so I can not upload them today. I will get more photos today after I go to work and upload them tomorrow morning so all can see the change. The water at the bridges last night covered the arches. It is now at the bottom of the bridges. No openings can be seen. Lots of debris is piling up on the first bridge. I got a photo of that. The bird houses are gone. When I first got downtown I was able to snap a picture of the one half summerged in water the other was gone. Later on in the evening I was able to get down there again and it was gone under water or swept away.

I got some other photos of the surrounding area and this weekend plan to get up to the lake to get photos and maybe a video of the water coming over the emergency spillway. I have heard that the last major route to the airport may shut down today. That means there will only be one way to the airport and that is not good. It will be very hard to get people to the airport now. It should get better I hope soon.

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2008 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog

Another day is upon me here and the weather so far is remaining clear. We do have a chance of some more storms today but the chance is less than 50% for a change. Today I have plans to get some photos of the water going over the emergency spillway at the lake north of town. I will be leaving to go do that soon as I still have to work today. Being a saturday I doubt I can find time to get pictures as easy as I did the past few days.

I am hoping the rain stays away for the next few days so we can get back to a more normal routine around here. Hoping the fields dry out so we can get some replanted. I will try to get some shot of the fields around here too. Give you a idea of how much this is affecting the farmers.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Jun, 2008 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog - Page 5

Now that the weather is drying the yard out again I hope to be able to do some more work on my patio that I want to get built this year. I have been putting it off due to the amount of rain we have been getting. I did not want a bunch of water sitting next to the foundation of my house. I need to get my garden claw out to loosen the dirt. I tell you that garden claw does work wonders when loosening soil. I have sued it around in my flower beds and elsewhere. I am glad I invested in one.

Once I get some more dirt moved I will start to level it out so the patio will drain away from the house. I do not want a very noticeable slope just enough to keep my basement dry. Not that it has been dry that much this spring. I am glad that summer is coming up this weekend as we are usually dryer in the summer. I was hoping to have this project done by summer but I guess mother nature had other plans for me this spring.

I will take some photos of my project so you all can see it and the progress I am making on it. Keep an eye on my photo page I am sure some photos will be there soon. smile.gif

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2008 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog Public Member Blogs - Page 5

As we get more and more dry here in Iowa it looks like some farmers may try to replant. The added mud on the fields will have to be worked into the soil so the crops can be planted. The rain that some received yesterday will slow some down by not being able to get into the fields yet. I plan to get out this weekend and take pictures of some of the flooded fields so you can see that all the crops that once were in them is destroyed. I am going to see if I can get back up to the lake to get a picture of the destruction caused by the emergency spillway. I will not be hiking through the woods this time. smile.gif

If everything goes well I will get started on my patio agin this weekend. Hoping to get those pictures to so you can see where I am on it and if I get any work done you can see that too.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (21) »

> TOPIC: KNtoran's Blog

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,