KNtoran's Blog - Page 13 of 21

I have to say this past week has been a busy - Page 13 - Public Member Blogs - Posted: 29th Nov, 2010 - 12:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (21) »

Member Blog
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2010 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog - Page 13

Friday I drove my wife to Iowa City to get her scans and see the doctor. Everything came back clear. It is looking better all the time. She has to go back in three more months to get scanned again. IF that one comes back good we go to every four months instead of every three months for a year. I believe that they will still be clear as I believe we have licked this.

I go in to VA medical center on the 12th for what they call a pulmonary function test. I guess that means they are going to be checking on how well my heart is working. I do not know if this will be a stress test but if it is I hope that I survive. I know that with a bit of exercise I become winded very easy. I walk daily and am not in bad health. It is my breathing that gets me all the time.

I get to take my son back to college Sunday so he can start his spring semester classes. Right now he is pulling a 3.70 GPA and made the all conference academic list for athletics. He is part of the football team. We are proud of his accomplishments. I think he has grown up some and is learning that what he does now will effect him for the years to come.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2010 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

Blog KNtorans

Well I had my pulmonary function test. They even gave me meds that a person with breathing issues takes in a inhaler. After four doses my lung functions only increased by 4 percent I do not think I will be getting an inhaler anytime soon. They say that it is my weight that is causing me to be short of breathe. I disagree but I will have to drop some more weight to make that point clear. Sometimes I dislike dealing with the government. Oh well that is what I get for allowing myself to get fat and lazy. smile.gif

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2010 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog Blogs Member Public

It has been a crazy week for me this week. Last saturday my middle son graduated from High school. Sunday my Grandmother died at the age of 94. This week has been the gathering of the clan to bury her next to her husband today. We have pretty much got her apartment cleaned out and are now ready for the final ceremony. I am glad she had a long rich life. I know I will miss her.

Then to top off this busy week we still have a graduation party to pull off for my son Saturday.

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2010 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

Page 13 Blog KNtorans

What a week these past few days have been. I have been working at home trying to stop my basement from flooding after all the heavy rains. I finally got it stopped Tuesday and yesterday I was trying to save my water heater. I thought I would have to go buy a new one but this morning I called a service man to dismantle the gas line and remove the lines and element to give them a good cleaning. After cleaning them and blowing all the gunk from the flood waters out we got it back together and it is working again. I am glad I am only paying $65 USA dollars instead of the $575 that a new water heater installed would cost me. Now that that is all done and I got my yard mowed we are once again in a flood watch for tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully my sump pump stays running and keeps up with the rain. Now I can get back to my new routine.

Oh I started a daily walking regime. I go to a fitness center and walk for 30 minutes each day on a tread mill. Today I walked 1.36 miles in that 30 minutes. I am hoping in a week or two to be over 1.5 miles in that 30 minutes. My goal is to lose weight and get in better shape. Granted round is a shape but I want a different shape. Currently I am weighing in at 305 lbs. I would like to see that under 290 in a couple months. Go me. smile.gif

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2010 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

Blog KNtorans

Saturday was my parents 50th wedding anniversary and my brother and I pulled off a great party for them. I was well pleased with it and the number of family and friends that showed up showed just how well they were liked in the community. I am glad that they were able to have a great day.

Sunday morning was a nice relaxing day and everyone was enjoying a great day till the news hit around 430 pm. My youngest sons best friend was shot and killed by another child over a argument. My sons best friend James was 16 years old and wanted to be a Lawyer. He was shot in the chest at point blank range by a shotgun in the hands of a 14 year old child. The last few days My wife and I have been helping the boys family and helping my son get over his loss. Last night we had a candle light vigil for James in his memory. It is hard losing someone that the family is real close to.

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2010 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog

I have to say that last night was a interesting night for me and my family. I do not know if most of you know but Iowa has been getting a lot of rain of late. Usually this time of year is hot and dry. Right now as of the 12th of July we currently at third place for wettest year on record. Since that time in my home town we have had over 10 more inches of rain as thunderstorms seem to move through almost daily.

To give an example of how wet it is I have mowed my back yard only twice. Usually by this time I would have mowed it six to seven times. A good portion of my back yard is a swamp and the grass is dead. This is one of the reasons I have replaced my sump pump in my basement. I have a 1/2 horse power sump pump and it at times can not keep up with the amount of water coming in.

Last night I had a tornado move across my home town. This tornado was the first tornado in my home town that I can remember. The Tornado moved past my house at a distance of a whole three to four blocks. My eldest son was at work and was able to watch it heading across town towards his work place. They all hid in the walk in freezer. They all made it out ok. I did not hear of any injuries due to this tornado.

To make matters worse they are calling for more rain this week. I think five of the seven days from the 25th to the 31 are calling for thunderstorms. They used to call Iowa a place to grow. I am thinking soon it will be the place to row. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2010 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog - Page 13

Last Friday we went to Iowa City for my wifes scans. All the scans came back negative again so the doctor told us we do not have to come back for six months. I was happy to hear that. I like the idea of only going to Iowas City twice a year instead of the four times a year we were going. I want to thank you all for the prayers you have said for me and my wife. We are very grateful to have such friends in our lives.

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2010 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

KNtoran's Blog
A Friend

KNtoran's Blog Public Member Blogs - Page 13

I have to say this past week has been a busy one for my family and I. Our son came home from college on Wednesday in freezing rain. His mom was worried about him until we received the call from home that he had made it home. We spent Thanksgiving with my parents where my eldest daughter and her baby came for a bit. It was a nice time. After dinner we left and went over to a friends place to have a nice relaxing time. Then the fun began.

At 3 am Friday morning I was woken up to a call that I needed to go rescue my daughters and my youngest daughters boyfriend. My daughters car threw a belt and they had no way of getting home and it was 13 degrees F out. I went and got them and everyone made it home safely.

Now saturday we all went and had a good time shopping and looking at stuff. My middle son then took his car and went to hang with a friend. We went out to eat and then to do some more shopping for presents for the kids. On the way home we got a call. It was from out middle son who had just gotten run off the road because of a guy traveling the wrong way on the four lane highway. We high tailed it to the accident scene and found that three cars had swerved to avoid a head on crash and ended up in the ditch. In all seven cars had to take evasive measures to avoid a potential head on collision. We found my son to be safe and his car to have no damage. We were able to drive his car out of the ditch and get it back on the road. After he was checked by medical personal he was able to drive his car the rest of the way home.

This morning we went out and looked over his car better in the daylight. Not a scratch was on it. The lord was watching him well last night. Our eldest boy headed back to college and now we all are relaxing and having a nice quiet evening. What a weekend.

> TOPIC: KNtoran's Blog

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,