A Child's Best Friend

A Child' S Friend - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 6th Mar, 2008 - 5:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

4th Mar, 2008 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

A Child's Best Friend

"I prefer to be my child's best friend, rather than be a parent. Why? Well my philosophy is, if I am my child's best friend, my offspring will respect and confide in me more, than if I behave like a parent. I believe that my relationship with my child will be stronger as a best friend and not strained or distant, as a parent." What are your views on this?

Sponsored Links:
5th Mar, 2008 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Friend Childs A

Not too sure on that one. I think it's important that your child can feel that they have a best friend in you, but it's also important for them to know that you are the adult in the relationship. I think that it's very, very important to spend loads of time with your child, as they learn from behavior, and I wouldn't like for them to be picking up from somebody elses influence, but at the same time, I think boundaries should be laid out so that your child knows where they stand. It's also important to let them know that you love them as well as showing them by your actions, in my humble opinion..

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2008 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

A Child's Best Friend
A Friend

A Child's Best Friend Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Being a best friend to your child is wonderful but you also have to be the parent. As the parent you have to have clear lines of discipline when they something wrong. You will not always be the childs best friend but if they know your fair and just they will still come to you with problems they are having once they are teens. Being open with your children as they grow up is important to. That shows them you trust them and your able to guide them so they see the world as it truely is. Giving them a safe place where they can be themselves lets them grow. Yes be their friend and support them in everything they want to do. But remember who the parent is when they do wrong or break a rule.

6th Mar, 2008 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

Friend Childs A

For me I try to keep the communication lines open. We have had our share of issue with our oldest already but he has kept us in the loop. We are friends but he knows when he steps out of bounds we are the one that have to show him why and guide him back in. That varies from corporal punishment to just a good long chat.

Like others we make our house a safe place for them, no matter what stunt he pulled. He knows, unlike a friend his parents will stand by him and help him through, always no exceptions. So to me being a parent is even better then a friend. My father was and is still my parent I have never had a friend who is as close to me as he is, excluding my wife.

> TOPIC: A Child's Best Friend

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,