Nasa Sending Monster To Space

Nasa Sending Monster Space - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 1st Apr, 2008 - 2:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

8th Mar, 2008 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

No, not that kind of monster. wink.gif But a two-armed space station robot that will rise like Frankenstein from its transport bed.

Putting together Dextre, the robot, will be one of the main jobs for the seven Endeavour astronauts, who are scheduled to blast off in the wee hours of Tuesday, less than three weeks after the last shuttle flight.

They're also delivering the first piece of Japan's massive Kibo space station lab, a float-in closet for storing tools, experiments and spare parts. For the first time, each of the five major international space station partners will own a piece of the real estate.

At 16 days, the mission will be NASA's longest space station trip ever and will include five spacewalks, the most ever performed while a shuttle is docked there. Three of those spacewalks will feature Dextre, which is sure to steal the show.

With 11-foot arms, a shoulder span of nearly 8 feet and a height of 12 feet, the Canadian Space Agency's Dextre - short for dexterous and pronounced like Dexter - is more than a little intimidating, at least for astronaut Garrett Reisman....

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2008 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Space Monster Sending Nasa

I think this will help in some of the later maneuvers that the space station will have to do as it grows. Soon they should have enough parts to start start having a permanent crew up there to live and work in outer space. Then it is a short jump to build and crew a ship that can take people to other places in our solar system. DO more exploration.

8th Mar, 2008 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Nasa Sending Monster To Space UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

You caught me with this title and I had to come look. I wish I could see in the future about 100 years from now to see what everything looks like in space.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2008 - 5:34am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The ATV

Europe's huge new orbital cargo ship, the ATV, lifts off from French Guiana on its maiden voyage to the international space station.
Ref. BBC

Post Date: 25th Mar, 2008 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Space shuttle ending record visit

The US space shuttle Endeavour undocks from the International Space Station at the end of a record mission.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7312016.stm

Post Date: 25th Mar, 2008 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I hope they keep on sending stuffs up to the space station. They need to send it up higher in a geostationary orbit thus making way for the space elevator. Get part of it to move to produce a artificial gravity and we can have a nice place to live and work up there.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Mar, 2008 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

Nasa Sending Monster Space

I read that this is a high risk operation as the monster ATV can crash into the station causing the air to escape. It happened once before with the Russians.

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2008 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Nasa Sending Monster Space Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Yeah. I think as things get more bigger up there the chances of a accidental hit increases. With all the junk up in orbit that also can increase the chance of a objecting hitting the space station. This is also a big concern for the space elevator if they get the space station in a stationary orbit.

> TOPIC: Nasa Sending Monster To Space

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,