Trinidad & Tobago Independence Day

Trinidad Tobago Independence Day - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 31st Aug, 2009 - 11:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Cruse 31 August
31st Aug, 2007 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

31st August marks Trinidad & Tobago Independence Day, so to the Trinbagoians in this Community I say "Happy Independence Day". Personally, I wish we stayed with the British, it is not like we got this honorably like the US - fighting for it.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Sep, 2007 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Day Independence Tobago and Trinidad

Well, even though I could see the benefits of staying with the British, I think Independence is important for any country. Did Trinidad ask for it or was just the Queen's idea?

31st Aug, 2009 - 11:37am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Independence Day Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Did Trinidad ask for it or was just the Queen's idea?

Well Eric Williams pursued it, not sure what the general population thought about it at the time, but I can tell you one thing, if I were alive back then I would have venomously fought against it. What has Independence brought us other than a Banana Republic managed by a society and leadership with little thought for their fellowman. Nothing to celebrate for me this day.

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Independence Day

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,