What's The Difference Between: Good & Bad Parents?

What' S Difference Between Good Bad Parents - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 9th Aug, 2010 - 4:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2006 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

How can I tell the difference?

Sponsored Links:
18th Jun, 2006 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Parents Bad and Good Between Difference Whats

I guess my answer to this would be, that there are several points to be considered, but I'll try to answer it as best as I can-- but this is only my opinion.

1. A good parent has their childs best interest at heart in all that they try to do.

2. A good parent loves their child unconditionally, regardless of their child's behavior.

3. A good parent would only leave their child in 'safe' care, (or as best to their knowledge) only someone they can trust, and would never leave their child alone or unattended in their home.

4. They would think ahead in situations to safe guard their child's health, welfare and safety ie-- hold their hands when crossing roads etc.

5. A good parent would provide a clean, safe home environment, where the child feels safe, has food, is kept clean, and has clean clothes on their back-- regardless of whether the clothes are second hand or not, makes no odds.

6. A good parent would go without for themselves to make sure that their child didn't go without any of their 'basic needs'.

I am sure that there are many more examples of the above, but I have tried to give a basic outline.

1. A bad parent on the other hand, couldn't care less of most of the above points, they also may have no bonding with , or love for their child.

2. A bad parent may also be self centred, and put their own needs always above the needs of their child.

An important point that I feel should be made though, is that just because a parent may be classed as bad, it might not necessarily mean that they don't love their child, it may be that they themselves were never raised with any love, or great parenting skills, and they may not know properly how to raise a child properly, because they haven't been taught themselves.

Parenting classes in these cases can prove to be very worthwhile, but can only work out if the parent genuinely wants to improve, and really wants to make a go at being a good parent!

Reconcile Edited: DianeC on 18th Jun, 2006 - 6:46pm

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2010 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

What's The Difference Between: Good & Bad Parents? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Name: SMILING

Comments: A good mom lets her kids lick the beaters. A great mom turns off the mixer first.

23rd Jan, 2010 - 8:46am / Post ID: #

I think a good parent treats their child as a little person. Of course the child does not have the abilities to be this ideal little person but they need to begin to fill the role.

To treat a child as a unintelligent mass that only gets what you tell it to understand is ridiculous. Children learn so many things without parents even being aware it.

Treating a child as a little person means, talking to them as if they are a person. Listening to them as if thier desires and wants are for real. Obviously you can't meet all these but a good parent will balance this. Explain to the child why they can't have a piece of candy right now. Explain to the child why thier actions are not acceptable.

Being a bad parent means, much like DianeC said, not caring about them and only with yourself (and everything that goes with it).

9th Aug, 2010 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

For me the difference is love. Some parents love their children and others don't that's why there is so much abuse.

> TOPIC: What's The Difference Between: Good & Bad Parents?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,