Our Father Who Art In Heaven?

Our Father Art Heaven - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 26th Mar, 2008 - 4:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
25th Mar, 2008 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

When the Bible calls God our Father, is this literally saying that God is our Father, or is this only symbolic?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Mar, 2008 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Heaven Art Father Our

Since in the beginning where it talks about god making man and then woman I take that to mean he is the father of all of us. Thus probably the reference to him being the father, the almighty. I view it this way at least.

25th Mar, 2008 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Our Father Who Art In Heaven? Revealed Bible The

Then you are saying that it is Symbolic, as he is fashioning us from the dust of the Ground and not actually the "Father" as we typically view the Father/Child relationship.

Is this like saying Alexander Graham Bell was the Father of the telephone because he created it, or is there a more personal relationship Child Father relationship, that we cannot fully understand?

Thanks for your input.

25th Mar, 2008 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

Heaven Art Father Our

Calling god our "Father" is more then just symbolic as there is a very personal relationship that exists. Though it is symbolic in that God is not our biological birth father. One could compare it to an adopted child and its step father.

25th Mar, 2008 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Heaven Art Father Our

I believe it is meant literally, as in God is our Heavenly Father, but that we also have an earthly Father.

This is my personal belief, nothing to do with any religion that I might be in, but I believe that we lived in heaven with him before we came here, our family for earth was organized and known by our Heavenly Father.

26th Mar, 2008 - 9:24am / Post ID: #

I would agree that this is not the typical father/child relationship as we would need a Father/Mother/Child relationship, so we are missing some key components. However, I, like a small child, always ask why and where did that come from. In the end of that questioning, I am left with God created it. It is at that point, you realize how insignificant we are on the whole. Did God only create us? Doubt it, we still got the dust and he had a hand in that with less than a weeks effort.

So is it a symbolic gesture? Maybe.

My admiration of the Illimitable Superior Spirit allows me look upon him as not only my father but the father of all that is and all that will be regardless of a beating heart or clump of dirt.

As far as our earthly father, I had a interesting thought when reviewing my family tree. Is my grandfather really a father or is this just a honorary position? I mean, if we limit it directly to the 2 people's sex act that resulted directly in my birth, no, my grandfather isnt really much. However, without them, my mother and father would not exist, so it is more of a relationship than my next door neighbor. So, I guess I will let him hold the title of grand"father", because without him, I am not here. Greatgrandfather...yep...he was important too. Keep going back...and I find God, again.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2008 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Our Father Art Heaven

Yes I am viewing him as a symbolic father rather than my actual father. I still call him father as I feel he is the father to all of us. He made us in his image thus like said before he is a father Like an inventor that invents something wonderful or changes a curriculum at a school they are known as the father of that item or school. While mostly symbolic it has good intention and makes it known to others as to who they are. No matter what religion you talk to there is always one supreme being. He is the father to us all. He just goes by many names.

26th Mar, 2008 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Our Father Art Heaven The Bible Revealed

He made us in his image

This leads me to believe that there is some similarities between God and Man(slight they may be). Would it bother anyone, once we have gone to the other side, if we learned that one of these similarities is that he is the literal Father of our spirits?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Our Father Who Art In Heaven?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,