Fighting Radical Islam

Fighting Radical Islam - Studies of Islam - Posted: 1st Apr, 2008 - 6:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

USA In the USA
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2008 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Fighting Radical Islam

Fighting Radical Islam

In your view is fighting Radical Islam in the USA religious bigotry?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2008 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

Fighting Radical Islam
A Friend

Islam Radical Fighting

Radical islam is the source of many of the terrorist groups around the world. I feel that fighting them can be conceived as religious bigotry. I also believe that many of those is the islamic communities have the power to turn some of these young people away from the radical ways. I believe this to be a better way of fighting against the radicals as it prevents much unneeded bloodshed in my opinion. I just hope that those in the islamic community can give this a try. I feel that will go a long ways into making the whole world a safer place.

31st Mar, 2008 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

Fighting Radical Islam Islam Studies

The way I see it... if it is religious bigotry and at the same time it stops someone from killing innocent people then so be it. There are inner workings within many mosques where the Osama bin Laden idealism is not frowned upon. Clerics also give a blind eye or lack control over the conspiracies of his followers, many of them very young individuals.

1st Apr, 2008 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Islam Radical Fighting

I am of the belief that if a Religious community is not able to reform itself from supporting murder as a way to express ideas, then it completely lost all rights to express those views.

Regardless of which country, the State as well as every right thinking person, will not tolerate murder taught as a missionary tool(Christians are being murdered by Muslims in Darfur because they are not willing to convert.). On the other hand, if Muslims and Islam in general begins to internally expunge its radical element then other would not have to do it for them.

I say bigotry toward a murderer, or someone who would support murder, is not bigotry, it is self preservation.

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2008 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Fighting Radical Islam
A Friend

Islam Radical Fighting

I say bigotry toward a murderer, or someone who would support murder, is not bigotry, it is self preservation.

I completely agree with this statement. We would not have to rid the world of these terrorists if the Islamic church would stop the support of these terrorist. Granted you hear how they do not support these terrorists but I have yet to see one of the clerics state they would try to seek out and get these radicals back under control and under the true teachings of the Koran

1st Apr, 2008 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Fighting Radical Islam

Dbackers:

I am of the belief that if a Religious community is not able to reform itself from supporting murder as a way to express ideas, then it completely lost all rights to express those views.

I absolutely agree with you but doesn't this thinking goes against the US constitution of freedom of speech?

Personally, it seems almost impossible to get rid of these groups because it seems like one is "born" almost daily with thousands of people willing to die for it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Apr, 2008 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Fighting Radical Islam

LDS

doesn't this thinking goes against the US constitution of freedom of speech?

Not at all.
There have been several court cases that have explicitly stated that threats and incitement are not freedom of speech.
The most famous of these is the "fire in a crowded theatre"" (Schenck v. United States) decision in which Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.'s stated:

The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man falsely shouting fire in a theater and causing a panic. [...] The question in every case is whether the words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent.

This was later overturned by Brandenburg v. Ohio, which limited banning of free speech to just speech that directly incites someone to "imminent lawless action."

It would seem that inciting people to kill Jews and Americans could be considered "imminent lawless action".

> TOPIC: Fighting Radical Islam

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,