Charlton Heston

Charlton Heston - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 11th May, 2008 - 11:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2008 - 4:33am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Charlton Heston

Charlton Heston

Charlton Heston, who won a best actor Oscar for his starring role in the epic Ben Hur, has died aged 84, his family says.
Ref. BBC

Sponsored Links:
6th Apr, 2008 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Heston Charlton

Everytime I hear this name two movies comes to mind, "The Ten Commandments" and "Ben Hur". Both long movies, very long... and full of Charlton Heston throughout them.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2008 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

Charlton Heston
A Friend

Charlton Heston Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I grew up watching him in movies. I think he was a great actor in his time. I am sorry to see him pass away.

8th Apr, 2008 - 8:22am / Post ID: #

Heston Charlton

Charlton Heston was one man I looked up to and admired greatly. Yes, he was an excellent actor, but there are many older actors that are legend. What I admired him for was his common sense approach to the world. I was hoping against hope that his reading from Jurassic Park wold be repeated somewhere today and it was. I will print it off and frame it, because it is such a simple answer to "global warming," or "global climate change," or whatever they choose to call it tomorrow. I heard him read read this on national radio.

Charlton Heston, reading from the prologue of Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park

You think man can destroy the planet? What intoxicating vanity. Let me tell you about our planet. Earth is four-and-a-half-billion-years-old. There's been life on it for nearly that long, 3.8 billion years. Bacteria first; later the first multicellular life, then the first complex creatures in the sea, on the land. Then finally the great sweeping ages of animals, the amphibians, the dinosaurs, at last the mammals, each one enduring millions on millions of years, great dynasties of creatures rising, flourishing, dying away -- all this against a background of continuous and violent upheaval. Mountain ranges thrust up, eroded away, cometary impacts, volcano eruptions, oceans rising and falling, whole continents moving, an endless, constant, violent change, colliding, buckling to make mountains over millions of years. Earth has survived everything in its time. It will certainly survive us. If all the nuclear weapons in the world went off at once and all the plants, all the animals died and the earth was sizzling hot for a hundred thousand years, life would survive, somewhere: under the soil, frozen in Arctic ice. Sooner or later, when the planet was no longer inhospitable, life would spread again. The evolutionary process would begin again. It might take a few billion years for life to regain its present variety. Of course, it would be very different from what it is now, but the earth would survive our folly, only we would not. If the ozone layer gets thinner, ultraviolet radiation sears the earth, so what? Ultraviolet radiation is good for life. It's powerful energy. It promotes mutation, change. Many forms of life will thrive with more UV radiation. Many others will die out. Do you think this is the first time that's happened? Think about oxygen. Necessary for life now, but oxygen is actually a metabolic poison, a corrosive glass, like fluorine. When oxygen was first produced as a waste product by certain plant cells some three billion years ago, it created a crisis for all other life on earth. Those plants were polluting the environment, exhaling a lethal gas. Earth eventually had an atmosphere incompatible with life. Nevertheless, life on earth took care of itself. In the thinking of the human being a hundred years is a long time. A hundred years ago we didn't have cars, airplanes, computers or vaccines. It was a whole different world, but to the earth, a hundred years is nothing. A million years is nothing. This planet lives and breathes on a much vaster scale. We can't imagine its slow and powerful rhythms, and we haven't got the humility to try. We've been residents here for the blink of an eye. If we're gone tomorrow, the earth will not miss us.

Post Date: 11th May, 2008 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Charlton Heston
A Friend

Heston Charlton

Charleton Heston was one of the greats in Hollywood! It was sad to go by the NRA headquarters and see the flag at half staff in honor of him! I tavel by NRA everyday going to work. He will be missed!

> TOPIC: Charlton Heston

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,