Determining Your Paranormal Sensitivity

Determining Paranormal Sensitivity - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 7th Jun, 2010 - 3:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
6th Apr, 2008 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

I was just wondering if anyone knows of specific tests you can perform to determine your level of paranormal sensitivity.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2008 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sensitivity Paranormal Determining

This is a very good question.
I have never heard of such a test.
But I do believe organizations such as the CIA have been interested, along with other scientists and psychologists in measuring the paranormal talents of humans.

7th Apr, 2008 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Determining Your Paranormal Sensitivity Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I've seens some psychic tests online to see if you have any psychic abilities, but I do not know if that is related to paranormal sensitivity.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2009 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

Name: Tony

Comments: There is a kind of test that can determine your level of sensitivity to certain things. I myself am very sensitive to paranormal activity. I am also what they call a HSP or highly sensitive person. I would read up on HSP and start there. People with HSP are more sensitive to any change in electromagnetic fields. Good luck

7th Jun, 2010 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

I had a book at one point that could show you how sensitive you were in different areas depending on certain questions and tests. I think if you look online or go to a local library you can probably find a similar book.

One comment I wanted to make is about a statement I read in another thread but my response would have been too off topic. It was about how some people who are considered disturbed or have mental disorders. They may in fact actually just be more sensitive than the normal human to certain paranormal energies. I don't know if you want to call it energies or something else but I think that is a very valid and important question.

When do you draw the line on something like that. Obviously some people are just disturbed and way out there, possibly insane. Then there are others who are able to use seemingly mind crippling "diseases" and produce results that are verifiably paranormal. They have an innate ability it seems to tap into something other worldly and use it constructively.

Are there some who just snap under the pressure of the amount of sensitivity they have. Are others able to some how "learn" how to use that sensitivity towards a certain outlet before it breaks them.

There are a lot of questions I have about this but I think I will wait to see what others have to say. It will help me formulate my future questions better.

7th Jun, 2010 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

I guess it really depends on where you put your "faith" in paranormal verifiability. For years and still to a large extent, if you lean more toward "scientific" ideas about the paranormal, the Zenar or "ESP" deck, used by J.B. Rhine in his studies, were used to measure psi and psi missing, usually for clairvoyance and/or telepathy, and I'm sure it can still be ordered - the pack I bought came with the booklet, deck and score sheets for recording your trials (he did hundreds of trials, you usually had the same person do at least 10, usually a hundred) of trying to predict or "read" the mind of the person holding the card, etc. Scoring consistently above chance on enough of these trials indicated some psi ability - significantly below indicated "psi missing". But later research into Rhine's work basically indicated that fraud and manipulating of data was going on and had been for years, though I don't know if it had been determined if Rhine knew about it or not.

Just also like to note these comments above assume the existence of the paranormal, and even if it exists, I'm not really in line with the phrase "verifiably paranormal" - I think the Million Dollar Challenge would have been won by now if that were an accurate depiction of something.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jun, 2010 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Determining Paranormal Sensitivity

I don't think it is really fair to discount all paranormal things. I don't really understand on what basis you can do this taking in all factors and information available on the subject.

Rather off topic, but...
I am not really understanding what you mean by million dollar challenge.

If you don't believe in things that exist paranormally then why post in this thread?

7th Jun, 2010 - 3:34am / Post ID: #

Determining Paranormal Sensitivity Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

I wasn't being dismissive. I'm a senior moderator on a paranormal forum and know more about paranormal topics than most any of my family or friends, I've been interested in ghosts since I was in my single digits.

I was noting that TRULY *verifiable*, empirically I presume, paranormal events, have not been confirmed. James Randi, the stage magician, and his JREF has had his Million Dollar Challenge up for years, offering it to any psychic whose abilities can be scientifically proven, with most of the conditions being as open to the psychic's preferences as possible, and still have it be scientifically valid.

I'm not saying these things don't exist, I'm just saying psychic abilities are not a fact and are still barely a theory, taken purely from an objective standpoint, and it is when people gloss this over that assumptions by other people who are not up on these situations, get made, and they get an inaccurate view of the way the world works, and wrong ideas get promulgated and spread.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Determining Your Paranormal Sensitivity

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,