Boycott China Olympics 2008

Boycott China Olympics 2008 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 9th Apr, 2008 - 6:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Asian Business Agree or disagree?
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2008 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Democratic Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton Calls On Bush To Boycott The Olympics' Opening Ceremony In China
Ref. ABC News

Jowell defends torch parade role

Tessa Jowell calls the Olympic protests a "good thing", showing "free expression" is part of having democracy.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7333300.stm

IOC chief speaks out over Tibet

International Olympics chief Jacques Rogge voices concern over unrest in Tibet and Olympic torch protests.
ef. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7333955.stm

Sponsored Links:
7th Apr, 2008 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Olympics China Boycott

Most definitely! Boycott Chinese products too and everything Chinese until they allow people to have basic human rights. I can't believe the olympic committee gave it to China in the first place.

7th Apr, 2008 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

Boycott China Olympics 2008 Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I agree boycott everything from China and then they fall like the Berlin wall.

7th Apr, 2008 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

Olympics China Boycott

Hell yeah! I agree with Clinton's stance, but I doubt Bush would do that he seems to like the Chinese for some unknown reason.

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2008 - 12:02pm / Post ID: #

Olympics China Boycott

Chinese Protests Encouraged

The Chinese ask what initial impressions Americans have of Beijing and China leading up to the Summer Games. They speak proudly of their top international athletes - basketball superstar Yao Ming and hurdler Liu Xiang, both of whom were on hand to welcome the Olympic torch to Tiananmen Square last week. They routinely cite the Beijing Olympics theme of "One World, One Dream." The questions then become more serious - questions that suggest that oneness may be just a dream.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695268329,00.html

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2008 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think that boycotting the olympics is just harming the worlds greatest athletes. It does not harm any of the governments that participate. I think if you want to take a stance take it out on chinese trade goods. Anything the chinese send to us or other foreign nations. If we get rid of the consumer goods imported from china we can maybe make a difference.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2008 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

PM Boycotting?

United Kingdom UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown will not attend the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in Beijing but will be at the closing ceremony.
Ref. BBC

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2008 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Boycott China Olympics 2008 Movies Music Fashion & Sports

I think the heads of state boycotting the opening ceremony may send a message to China.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Boycott China Olympics 2008

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,