Roots In Ireland

Roots Ireland - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 8th Oct, 2006 - 8:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Your ancestors
Post Date: 21st Mar, 2006 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

Roots In Ireland

Roots in Ireland

Do you have any ancestors that originated from this country? Tell us about it here.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2006 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Roots In Ireland
A Friend

Ireland Roots

I have Irish roots on my mothers side. I am three generations removed from my Great Great Nellie O'Grady that came over with her family from Ireland. I can't tell you exactly why they came over, maybe during the potato famine. But I can trace one side back to Ireland and even have some old property deeds from Ireland, which are not exactly valid any more, but still have value as family history.

26th Mar, 2006 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Roots In Ireland Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I bet that' great to see a piece of family history like that Konquererz, most things from that time era don't survive, so look after it well!
My ancestors also come from Ireland, on my Mother's side, both her Mum and Dad's ancestors are from Ireland, we don't even have any photos though.
I intend to try to trace my family history on my Mum's side, once my Dad's family history is completed.My Dad's side has taken years to track down, but hopefully it will be completed soon.
I would love to visit Ireland, to get a better insight into my background.

8th Oct, 2006 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

Ireland Roots

There are some good websites out there to help trace your roots down and there is some software applications which can do all the searching you need to.

Of course, I would also thoroughly recommend a holiday here, even if you don't have roots here biggrin.gif

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2006 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Roots In Ireland
A Friend

Ireland Roots

Well... my great grandfather on my mother's side was Irish... it'd only take a bit of digging to find out which part of Ireland he was from, exactly. He came to Trinidad with his two brothers sometime in the late 1800's.

8th Oct, 2006 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Roots In Ireland

I can't remember dates offhand but I know that the various places that kept documentation were looted and burned somewhere between 1920 and 1924.

If your great grandfather came from one of the areas that looting occurred then it may be impossible to trace him

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Oct, 2006 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Roots Ireland

What some people do in that case is turn to Parish records, and being that most of Ireland is heavily Catholic it is more than likely that your ancestry would have been confirmed somewhere. Just dig and it will turn up.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2006 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Roots In Ireland
A Friend

Roots Ireland Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Actually, I'm just lazy smile.gif I know a cousin of my mother's has traced the family tree and found all the information already, I'd just have to find out when next he's in Trinidad and give him a call!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Roots In Ireland

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,