Stonehenge - Page 3 of 5

Name: Halop Comments: There was a BBC documentary - Page 3 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 11th Mar, 2010 - 11:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Stonehenge dig
Post Date: 13th Oct, 2008 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Stonehenge - Page 3

Name: Sean

Comments: The "burial ground theory" is baseless. Why? Because all the burials (cremated bones) recorded to date belong to the period c. 3,000 to 2500 BC I.e. before the structure that most people understand as being "Stonehenge" existed. Moreover all of the "burials" come from secondary contexts, that is they opportunist events paced into pre-existing features, most in the ditch which surrounds the stones and in the so-called Aubrey Holes just inside the earthwork. If it was primarily a burial site the grave cuts would surely have been unique events, not simply people putting bags of burnt bones into ditches and Hollows. The healing 'theory" can never be proven, that's simple logic,
so we still have a long way to go, but certainly the idea it was a "cemetery" is no more than speculation.

Source 1: Cleal, Rosamund. Sonehenge in its Landscape, English Heritage 1995

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th May, 2009 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Stonehenge

Stonehenge to be given greater visitor appeal

Britain has given the go-ahead for a new £25 million ($NZ64 million) visitor centre at Stonehenge and will shut a road that runs alongside the country's most famous prehistoric monument. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 16th May, 2009 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

Stonehenge
A Friend

Stonehenge Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

It is my belief that a new visitors center close to this historic monument will ruin the scene around it. Let people come and drive by or to stop and get out to take photos and walk around. DO not ruin the area with a huge build up of concrete buildings and parking lots.

Post Date: 17th May, 2009 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Stonehenge
A Friend

Page 3 Stonehenge

I agree, but this is one of the most famous historical sites in the world, you can't say who can visit and who can't. But the fact is that the amount of visitors, where and when they visit must be regulated somehow. Giving people open access to the site would destroy it.

Post Date: 25th May, 2009 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Stonehenge
A Friend

Stonehenge

Stonehenge is no more and no less than a solar observatory, a giant clock if you wish that maps the seasons to an extraordinary degree of accuracy considering the time in which is was built.
As a time telling device that delineated the solstices and equinoxes with high precision it was unmatched by any other ancient culture except for the Mayans.

29th Aug, 2009 - 7:55am / Post ID: #

Stonehenge

Who's to say that Stonehenge was "just a burial site". It was not a simple task to arrange the stones the way they are. Maybe these people were buried there for a certain reason, not just to have a place to put them. There are many wonders of the world that we do not fully understand and may never understand. I think humans had help from other life forms in creating these wonders.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Aug, 2009 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Stonehenge
A Friend

Stonehenge - Page 3

Yes, help from other life forms or mabe they had skills our civilization has forgotten or unlearned in our evolution into a dependant, hedonist race.

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2010 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Stonehenge Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 3

Name: Halop

Comments: There was a BBC documentary about Stonehenge and a recent discovery in the land surrounding those giant boulders. It was revealed that the whole area around Stonehenge was used to bury commoners, I'm saying they were commoners because it was mass graves. I see the stones as just being the 'funeral chapel' where the Celts probably did their ceremonies for the dead.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Stonehenge

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,