Stonehenge - Page 2 of 5

I am glad to say I married my girlfriend Elaine - Page 2 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 12th Oct, 2008 - 12:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Stonehenge dig
30th May, 2008 - 7:32am / Post ID: #

Stonehenge - Page 2

I went and read the article and found these remarks interesting. I had never heard about it being a place of sacrifice? Is that your opinion Beowolf? Is it a theory you have heard about much?

Rather off topic, but...
I was wondering if perhaps that was a possibilty--did they burn bodies after sacrificing parts of them or was burning them the ritual?

They estimate that up to 240 people were buried within Stonehenge, all as cremation deposits.

Team member Andrew Chamberlain suggested that that the cremation burials represent the natural deaths of a single elite family and its descendants, perhaps a ruling dynasty.

A clue to this, he said, is the small number of burials in Stonehenge's earliest phase, a number that grows larger in subsequent centuries, as offspring would have multiplied.

Parker Pearson added: "I don't think it was the common people getting buried at Stonehenge - it was clearly a special place at that time. One has to assume anyone buried there had some good credentials."

The actual building and purpose of Stonehenge remain a mystery that has long drawn speculation from many sources.

And not all archaeologists agree with Parker Pearson's theory.

Indeed, the June issue of National Geographic Magazine quotes Mike Pitts, editor of the journal British Archaeology, as saying some details of the theory are problematic with gaps remaining to be filled. Uses of the landscape in the area for farming and grazing, for example, do not seem compatible with a ritualized place.

"The value of this interpretation is not just the idea of linking stones and ancestors, but that it works with the entire landscape," Pitts was quoted as saying.

From the article mentioned by LDSForever:
https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080529/ap_on_...j9IjyMBhBCs0NUE

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2008 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Stonehenge

Dig pinpoints Stonehenge origins

The first accurate carbon dating of Stonehenge reveals the monument was built in 2300BC, some 300 years later than previously thought.
Ref. Source 8

23rd Sep, 2008 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Stonehenge Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

Well all those archeologists certainly know how to put a damper on things. Here we are thinking up the profound mysteries about stone henge and they tell all in a few digs.

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2008 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Stonehenge
A Friend

Page 2 Stonehenge

How can people not see that a place is far more than its material parts?
An American Indian feels more from the land than scientists can observe, more than soil, water and the molecular makeup of the trees.
The atmosphere in a holy Mosque is nothing that can be measured.
The stones of my Isle are charged from the emotion of the Earth.
The places that are populated with spirits such as groves, glens and shores of lakes hold more Magic and Inspiration than any place a man can bestow by building there a monument. Of course Stones are placed there not by accident but by the Awen of our Ancestors.

29th Sep, 2008 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Stonehenge

You are very right about that Harkon. Archeologists today believe they can figure out everything about a past event just purely based on scientific evidence, but I do not buy it. Yes, I believe you can know origins and get an idea of what went on there, but not the whole panoramic view, just parts.

29th Sep, 2008 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

Stonehenge

Major centers of power like the hedge stone might never be fully understood. I am sure it has meant many things to different cultures and when we dig to analyze things we are sure to only get a small glimpse of what has transpired so many years ago.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Oct, 2008 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Stonehenge - Page 2

I have to agree with Harkon. We cannot know all about this place. Besides I know better about objects that just look like regular objects but they are more.

Post Date: 12th Oct, 2008 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Stonehenge
A Friend

Stonehenge Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 2

I am glad to say I married my girlfriend Elaine last Saturday.
We visited the City of Chester last week on our honeymoon.
This is one of the most historical places in Britain.
The Romans had a power base here as did the English when at war with the Welsh.
The English Civil War brought a great seige where the Royalists were starved to submission in the city.
All you must do to witness Historical Energy is to visit the Roman cellars and the pious Cathedral, walk the walls and get drunk in the ancient taverns.
Our hotel even had highwayman's pistol ball lodged in the woodwork.
The material of the place is just a sponge to its spirit.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Stonehenge

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,