Save Windows XP

Save Windows Xp - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 29th Apr, 2008 - 5:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
  Save Windows XP
Post Date: 14th Apr, 2008 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Save Windows XP

Users fight to save Windows XP

Fans of the six-year-old operating system set to be pulled off store shelves in June have papered the Internet with blog posts, cartoons and petitions recently. They trumpet its superiority to Windows Vista, Microsoft's latest PC operating system, whose consumer launch last January was greeted with lukewarm reviews. No matter how hard Microsoft works to persuade people to embrace Vista, some just can't be wowed. They complain about Vista's hefty hardware requirements, its less-than-peppy performance, occasional incompatibility with other programs and devices and frequent, irritating security pop-up windows.
Ref. Source

Save Windows XP
Save Windows XP (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
15th Apr, 2008 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

XP Windows Save

I think it will be a very big mistake to put Xp out of comission. Microsoft seems bent on forcing users to other OS and they will leave. Vista makes Mac OS look good, also Linux since there are many versions of FREE loading software that run far better than Windows anyway.

15th Apr, 2008 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

Save Windows XP Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I think Microsoft is just bent on marketing and not value. They sell high priced products but provide inadequate support for them. When you think about it... what is wrong with Win98 that it can't be used today? Nothing really, just Microsoft telling you that they won't continue to fix it if it brakes.

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2008 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

XP Windows Save

Loopholes keep Windows XP alive

PC makers are exploiting loopholes in Microsoft license terms to keep selling Windows XP beyond a cut-off date.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7370821.stm

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2008 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Save Windows XP
A Friend

XP Windows Save

I now have windows xp on my home system here and I find it a very good system I see no problems with it as I see with my daughters laptop that has vista. I am thinking of wiping her system and loading windows xp on hers. IT will run faster and better.

29th Apr, 2008 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Save Windows XP

Based on the drop of sales they've been experiencing I have the feeling they will extend XP updates and usability for at least another year.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Apr, 2008 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

Save Windows XP
A Friend

Save Windows XP

I have a friend who works in a companies IT department. HE is the one who does all my computer updates. He told me that microsoft will not get rid of XP for awhile now after the flood of emails they got.

29th Apr, 2008 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Save Windows XP Computer Issues & Video Gaming

I don't know, they tried to do the same with Windows 98 users around the globe but I think they eventually had to give it up for XP. The other thing is security and XP has an engine that might not be upgradeable with what is coming out in the market. I'm no expert so I cannot say for sure, but I for one will be glad if they do keep it around.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Save Windows XP

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,