Teen Violence - Page 2 of 2

Media violence, impulsivity and family conflict - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 29th Sep, 2018 - 4:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Teen Violence
A Friend

Teen Violence - Page 2

Thus my point exactly. Why does a kid in 3rd grade need with a cell phone, a facebook account, a laptop, a tablet and anything else they need. If parents stop giving thier kids all these gadgets but make them work to buy their own gadgets then maybe the kids will understand that these things are not easy to get and will take better care of them. I had a rule in my house that you did not get a cell phone until you were in high school. When you got a cell phone it was a basic phone not a smart phone. If they wanted a better phone they had to get a job and buy it themselves. I did give them a computer when they started junior high/middle school. For them to do homework on. They were desk models not notebooks. Plus I have all their passwords or the computer was gone. I feel if more parents did this maybe kids would not be soo aloof.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Teen Violence
A Friend

Violence Teen

I agree with this but I think a lot of the problem is how we glorify celebrities and celebrity. These are different things. We glorify celebrities who live the most outlandish lifestyles and our children see this. We glorify celebrity every day when we talk about this tweet or that tweet getting hundreds thousands of hits or we put the idiots who do something stupid so they can be on TV for twenty seconds of fame. Out kids see this too.

Then, we give them the means to our children to achieve this celebrity by giving them tools to reach millions of people. This is a recipe for disaster and we've been cooking it for years.

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2018 - 4:18am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Teen Violence History & Civil Business Politics

Media violence, impulsivity and family conflict tied to aggressive behaviors in teenagers. Teenagers exposed to TV and film violence and high levels of household conflict are at risk of engaging in aggressive behaviors, according to a new study. Especially prone to aggressive tendencies are those who also have high levels of impulsivity. Parental involvement, however, can make a difference. Source 4t.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Teen Violence

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,