Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (17) »
Closed
21st Apr, 2008 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Wrong Way Go Back By Ulysses Ai

Background
Spaceship Too Close To Sun Growing up on the planetoid of G15-275 was not as exciting as it sounds. You could not wait to leave and as soon as you had amassed enough cash, you announced to your parent-bot that you were leaving. The unit tried to dissuade you, telling you that your departure would surely sadden your mother and father. You paused for a few moments to consider the man and woman who had appeared periodically to ruffle your hair, but found no good reason to speculate too much about how they might feel about your absence. Telling your parent-bot to go and deactivate itself (poor thing took your words literally), you packed a bagful of your belongings and set off for adventure!

You were seven at the time and were promptly returned to your habitation unit by the local lolly-shop owner to whose establishment you had gone to acquire further supplies. The parent-bot was reactivated and had its settings adjusted to 'stern'. But you did not give up and your attempts finally saw you reach the departure lounge before you were returned and the parent-bot set to 'mother-in-law'. After that nothing escaped the darned robot's attention and with your teddy-bear held as a hostage you were unable to abscond.

Finally at the age of fourteen you realised that you didn't care about the fate of Mr Fluffles anymore, and made good your escape. Rather than buy passage, you stowed away on a transport, and finding some coveralls, made yourself appear useful, carrying things through the service decks, polishing equipment, writing on clipboards, etc. No one suspected you were not part of the crew, and at the age of eighteen finally left, holding a glowing reference from the chief engineer about your excellent conduct and capable performance at whatever it was that you actually did. On the strength of your reference you were hired as a systems technician aboard the luxury cruiser Attila the Hon, a vessel famed for romance. You promptly decide it is time to find a girlfriend. Accordingly, you hit the dance clubs on board after your shifts end and try to be as charming as possible by drinking copious amounts of alcohol.

One day, like many of the days before, you fail to score and fall asleep under a table. You wake some hours later with a terrible hangover, and groan for several minutes, hoping someone will come to offer you sympathy. But nothing happens and you eventually force yourself to get up. The dance floor is strewn with rubbish and spills of various kinds of liquid. You stagger from the dim chamber and out into the bright corridor, the white lights searing your eyes. You feel your way down the hall, still groaning in the hope some sympathetic soul will get you a hair of the dog, or at least help you find your cabin. After your eyes adjust somewhat to the brightness, you squint about and see that the decks are completely abandoned. Examining a electronic noticeboard, you see it filled with a star scape dominated by an uncomfortably large star. Superimposed on top are large flashing red letters that read:

STELLAR COLLISION IMMINENT. PLEASE INPUT COURSE CHANGE

So here we are on the path to most excellent crispyness.

The battle rules and game rules are unchanged from the house of horrors.

For those new to this here are the game rules.

INSTRUCTIONS

This adventure is conducted according to normal FF rules, with one small difference: you are under a time limit.  At the bottom of each passage there will usually be a time in seconds.  You must add this to your Duration total, which begins at 0h 0m 0s.  You have 1 hour, 1 minute and 1 second  (total 3661 seconds) to escape, or to find out what is going on and stop it.  As soon as your Duration total passes 1h 1m 1s, you must turn immediately to 33

CREATING YOUR CHARACTER

Roll 1 die and add 6.  The total is your SKILL.  This represents you general ability to perform tasks.  If you are ever asked to test your SKILL, roll 2 die.  If the total is the same or less than your SKILL, then you are successful. If the dice roll is higher, then you have failed.  SKILL is also used in combat as explained below.

Roll 2 dice and add 12.  The total is your STAMINA.  This represents your strength, fitness, life and energy.  If this is ever reduced to 0, then you are dead.  Certain items can increase STAMINA.  The passages you read will tell you when you have lost STAMINA and when and how it can be restored.

Roll 1 die and add 6.  The total is your LUCK.  This represents your general fortune.  Sometimes the outcome of this is determined purely by luck.  If you are asked to test your LUCK, do so in the way as for the test of SKILL.  The only difference is that when you test your LUCK, you must reduce your current LUCK by 1.

COMBAT

There is only one fight in this book!  When you reach it you will be given your opponent's SKILL and STAMINA scores.  Conduct the combat as follows.

1. Roll 2 dice and add the result to your SKILL.  The total is your Attack Strength.
2. Roll 2 dice and add the result to your opponent's SKILL.  The total is his Attack Strength.
3. Compare the two Attack Strengths.  If your AS is higher, then you have wounded your opponent (go to Step 4).  If his AS is higher, then he has wounded you (go to Step 5).
4. You have wounded your opponent.  Reduce his STAMINA by 2.  Now return to Step 1 for the next round.
5. You have been wounded.  Reduce your STAMINA by 2.  Now return to Step 1 for the next round.

This process continues until either you or your opponent's STAMINA is 0.  If your STAMINA reaches 0, you are dead.  If your opponent's STAMINA reaches 0, you have defeated him and can continue the story.

HINTS ON PLAY

There are several secret references in this little adventure that you will need to find.  You will never be told how to find these secret references; so stay alert and think logically. 

Sponsored Links:
21st Apr, 2008 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Ai Ulysses By Go Wrong

Our character: WE NEED A NAME

Skill=11

Stam=20

luck=11

A good start.

You begin your adventure with a headache, a dry thirst, a bruise on your right elbow and sensitive eyes.

Staring at the message, you realise you are in great danger.  For some reason the ship is on a collision course with the star.  Even though you have not studied astrophysics, you have a rudimentary grasp of concepts such as gravity wells and very-hot.  Escape seems in order, yet you wonder how this situation could arise.  What about the ships failsafe systems?  It knows how to manoeuvre itself.  Why doesn't it just turn aside?

If you want to try and talk to the ship's computer, turn to 43
If you want to make your way to the escape pods, turn to 12
14s

Please keep an eye on the time at the bottom we are at 14 seconds.

So do we run like a coward or chat to the ships computer?

Thank you every one for the votes and I hope you enjoy this book.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 21st Apr, 2008 - 6:19pm

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2008 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wrong Way Go Back By Ulysses Ai Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lets chat with the ships computer it should be able to give us some information about what the heck is going on.

For a name how about Stephen?

27th Apr, 2008 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Ai Ulysses By Go Wrong

I'm for Buck Rogers! talk to the computer I doubt we could reach escape pods in 14 secs. OK, I'm back again I hope this one isnt a mad maze of uturns like the horror one.

27th Apr, 2008 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Ai Ulysses By Go Wrong

I got really side tracked and I even thought of replying here and missed out a lot of posts that I could have used to get my activity up for the medieval game. Logical move now is talk to the ship's computer of course.

28th Apr, 2008 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Okay I'm in. These things are good for keepin up post count wink.gif Maybe I'll enjoy this one the same time lets see. Alright contact the computer and tell em' change course!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Apr, 2008 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

Wrong Go By Ulysses Ai

Thanks for all the replies! Darkscribe I have a sure fire way to get your counts up! Just respond to every post you see KNtoran has posted on.

So one we go. This game our fearless and hung over passenger is Stephen. Now I think we will not be needing any death count reset since we are in a timed scene we mess up we blow up.

If like like time we hit sort of a set of know must do steps I will take that as a start point.

Located in a lounge nearby is a large wall screen.  You hurry over to it, taking in once more the large warning.
"Hello," you say to the screen.
Immediately it responds, the view morphing into the disembodied head of a beautiful cg woman with overlarge eyes and an unrealistic hairstyle.  She smiles warmly at you.  "Welcome to the lux-"
"I"m a crew member, not a passenger!" you interject.  "No need for any of that nonsense!"
The face takes on a look of genuine concern, so sincere that you feel touched and special.  "We care about every body here on board the Attila."
"That's nice," you say, refusing to get distracted by any warm, fuzzy feelings.  "Why is the ship heading into the sun?  Can't the computer turn it around?"
"I don't know.  I seem to be experiencing technical difficulties," the head replies, grimacing uncomfortably.
"What happened?" you ask.
"Not sure.  Something is invading the ship's systems."
"Where is the crew?"
The head smiles warmly at you.  "You are located on level J"
"I know where I am!" you exclaim.  "What about everybody else?"
"Evacuated.  It's just you and me now."  The head begins to look at you lovingly, and you inwardly curse sentimental AI programmers.

If you want to keep talking to the ship, turn to 20
If you think you have wasted enough time and want to make for the escape pods, turn to 12
If you want to make your way to the command deck, turn to 35
34s

OK so we are on level J so deck levels are done by alphabet.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 28th Apr, 2008 - 3:08pm

Wrong Way Go Back By Ulysses Ai (Hover)

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2008 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wrong Go By Ulysses Ai D&D / Pathfinder Archive

I say lets head to the command deck. If we want to give ourselves more time we need to turn the ship

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (17) »

> TOPIC: Wrong Way Go Back By Ulysses Ai

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.