Food Shortage Controversy - Page 3 of 11

Brown has been saying that awhile now, I wonder - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th Apr, 2008 - 3:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (11) »
23rd Apr, 2008 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Food Shortage Controversy - Page 3

Solar energy can become a stored energy in the form of electricity which in turn powers cars. Keep in mind that all forms of energy outside of oils, gases and nuclear energy can be considered grossly underdeveloped or should I say 'kept secret'. I think the concept of a 'battery' as they have it now with hundreds of little cells making one grand electrical power center is primitive technology, the real stuff is kept under lock and key. Anyway, this is drifting as we have similar Threads in the Transportation Board.

My main emphasis here is that things CAN be done and everyone restored with both wealth and food, but the greedy ones in high places have sought to punish us for not being born with a silver spoon. Regardless to natural disasters there is still ALWAYS plenty and enough food, land and resources to spare IF profit is not the underlining goal. Remember how we read about the era of the mill and all the slave children that work night and day until worker's rights laws were developed? We are in a similar situation today, the only difference is we do not see the smoke stacks very readily. The big bosses have become smarter - they make you work at your job and then charge you more for BASIC necessities - fuel / food so that you have to work harder and longer hours and in the end your children suffer - sounds similar to the past.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
23rd Apr, 2008 - 7:43am / Post ID: #

Controversy Shortage Food

Uh....JB, I can't believe what you just said about men that hire people. Have you ever worked for a poor man? No, because he wouldn't have any work for you and if he did he wouldn't have the money to pay you.

I'm not poor, but I'm not rich either. We have 5 employees in our shop and pay them better than the other shops in town. I hope they don't see us through your eyes. Yes, we handle an ungodly amount of money, but we have to keep it all invested and moving all the time. Burying your money in a can in the back yard doesn't make your money grow and it sure doesn't create any jobs. And the really thrilling part of all this, at the end of the year we owe our heart and soul to the federal government in taxes. I would bet money that after taxes our employees made more by the hour than we did if we divided our income by the hours we worked after the employees went home. And that's not even mentioning all the mornings my wife goes in an hour early, or the pick up and deliveries I never get paid for.

Yes, I'm sure there are people that were born with a silver spoon in their mouth and daddy just handed them all his money when he retired, but I have no doubt there are many, many, people that worked hard for every dime they try to hang on to.

The only real benefit to working for yourself is, if you can stand the guilt trip, you can sneak away for a day and only work 6 days that week.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 102 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.2%

23rd Apr, 2008 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

Food Shortage Controversy History & Civil Business Politics

QUOTE (Mousetrails)
Uh....JB, I can't believe what you just said about men that hire people.

spock.gif What the heck are you talking about? I just read your Post and do not see what it has to do with my Food Shortage Conspiracy.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

23rd Apr, 2008 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Controversy Shortage Food

I think what Mousetrails is getting at JB is that many places especially smaller one are under the same financial burdens as the workers. Now Having said that I realize JB you are pointing your finger at the top end of the wealth market. The one that make more then decent living and holds back all their profits to them selves in greed and care not how it is made. That is who we are talking about the oil companies the control the supply thus the cost per barrel and have the politicians in the back pocket to help smother any other viable solution other than the combustible engine.

I do understand the small shops but that is a topic for another post not this one.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

24th Apr, 2008 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

Controversy Shortage Food

Oh, I don't know JB. Maybe it was something you said.

but the greedy ones in high places have sought to punish us for not being born with a silver spoon.
The big bosses have become smarter - they make you work at your job and then charge you more for BASIC necessities - fuel / food so that you have to work harder and longer hours and in the end your children suffer

Those statements didn't have much to do with food shortage either. Conspiracy? This food shortage can be traced in a straight line right back to the "Green Peace," "Tree Hugging," "Save the Earth," 60s hippies. Would you like me to draw the line?

And Krakyn, my friend, you can trace the price of oil right back to exactly the same sources. Do you want me to draw that line also?

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please edit your Post rather than double Post.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 102 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.2%

24th Apr, 2008 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Food Shortage Controversy

First off, it is GOOD that you are challenging my writing, however, now that you are here in the debate, and about to get a whiff of my reply, do not run! Stay and take it like a man laugh.gif.

Second, I still do not see anything in what I said that applies to you for you to come with a personal justification for what you do in your business UNLESS you see yourself as being "the greedy ones in high places", if you do then I understand, if you are not "the greedy ones in high places" then what are you on about?

Third, you said something that means it is time for a good butt whooping, even if you are my senior:

QUOTE (Mousetrails)
Those statements didn't have much to do with food shortage either. Conspiracy?

Excuse me, who started this Thread? Who decides which way this Thread leads? I am talking about conspiracies therefore I go in all the directions possible to build on what I am talking about.

Fourth, as for "drawing lines" feel free to leave your mark, just do not think that when I say something I am addressing you as an individual, because I see the Food Shortage Controversy as A LOT bigger than Mousetrails... this is about people in HIGHER more POWERFUL places, places where decisions are made that affect continents and hemispheres, not five employees on a farm on the Western end of the USA.

Boxing gloves ready. Bring it on!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Apr, 2008 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Food Shortage Controversy - Page 3

Looks like Gordon Brown is having second thoughts on those ethanol promises for 2010...

https://www.nationalpost.com/news/world/story.html?id=436504

Article also says that we are in for high prices on food until at least 2015, which sounds about right if there is going to be any true swing in dependence on oil which would potentially lighten our desire for biofuels.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

24th Apr, 2008 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

Food Shortage Controversy Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Brown has been saying that awhile now, I wonder if he pitched that to Bush on in his recent visit. I do not like the sound of 2015 though. Maybe the Mayans were right about 2012 asnd we will be doomed by then. I certainly hope that Europe wakes up on this because right now the US is plundering us all into economic hell.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Food Shortage Controversy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,