Jimmy Carter - Page 2 of 5

Nothing major, it is being reported that he - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Sep, 2010 - 5:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

USA According to Glenn Beck: The Worst Us President?
18th Jun, 2009 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

Jimmy Carter - Page 2

To start with, the Chrysler Loan Guarantee that he signed has paved the way for us to buy multiple organizations on precedence with this president. As a result, we have way over inflated our debt with businesses that have few assets (mortgage companies) other than people's homes.

That treaty that he brokered to have N.Korea give up their nuclear ambitions was a huge success!

Economy was so awesome at that time. Now almost any president (especially a 2 term) will experience a economic downturn, but the answer was what? His adminstration garnered their own economic terminology....stagflation (inflation and recession combined). This administration also lead the way for the Savings and Loan debacle that was to follow.

We became weak in the eyes of the world under the "dove". Russia waltzed into Afghanistan without much from us. Iranian students had no problems taking over a embassy. He got a peace prize for what? Oh, and we gave back the Panama Canal that we built...which now has been allowed to be controlled by the chinese. Beauty!

Couple all this with his constant undermining of the US stance on the Middle East and I have him ranked pretty low. Hoover and Harding are probably lower. To also put it bluntly...life long democrats that never voted republican in their life...dropped their head and voted for Reagan because they wanted to work and feed their families. I know, my family was one of them.

The only reason that this guy won the election was because he was a "washington outsider" which was seen as good following the Water Gate Scandal.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
18th Jun, 2009 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Carter Jimmy

Noteworthy points all. What I want to know is given his position what does he have to gain with siding with the Arab world?

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 26 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.6%

18th Jun, 2009 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

Jimmy Carter History & Civil Business Politics

Relevance.

Ex-Presidents usually hold a psuedo office of special envoy/ambassador. Typically it doesnt happen immediately after they leave office, but it does happen after the second administration takes over following their departure. Reagan had little use for Carter. Bush Sr also had little use for Carter as well, but actually did use him in some capacity. Clinton, surprisingly, didnt use Carter for much at all...basically keeping him shut out of Washington even when his own party retook the White House. This really hurt Carter personally and in the eyes of the world leaders in general...he had been pretty much put in his place. GWB had little use for Carter as well, since he drew upon the seniors from Bush Sr's and Reagan's administrations. It is pretty well known that Carter harbors a grudge at being dismissed and probably in his mind cheated from his rights following his Presidency in world affairs. I think that he really desperately wants to be involved in any peace agreement between Palestine and Israel. I think that the Nobel Prize makes him think that he is one of the only people capable of brokering it. So if constantly challenging the US Stance on the conflict, he gets to be part of the solution...he will be happy.

However, we are digressing a bit as we are talking more now of his post-presidency activities. He was a bad president. He is a pretty good guy and caring person as noted by his Habitat for Humanity works. He is not stupid by any stretch of the imagination. He just wasnt a good President. He seems to miss the spotlight as evident by his provocative books and interviews.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

21st Sep, 2010 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Carter Jimmy

Why would someone bother doing charity work/philanthropic work if later on they would boast about it? Tasteless and disappointing coming from a former US president.

international QUOTE
Jimmy Carter says his philanthropic work is "superior" to that of other former presidents, citing his activism on the environment and leadership filling "vacuums in the world."

Carter, in an interview Monday with NBC News, offered several explanations to support his premise, suggesting his charitable work on the world stage has had more impact than that of George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, the other three members of the world's most exclusive club.

"I feel that my role as a former president is probably superior to that of other presidents. Primarily because of the activism and the injection of working at the Carter Center and in international affairs, and to some degree, domestic affairs, on energy conservation, on environment and things of that kind," said Carter, who is promoting a new book. "We're right in the midst of the constant daily debate."

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

22nd Sep, 2010 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Carter Jimmy

This is just a really bitter man at his place when ranking presidents. The worst part for him is that he is still alive when he gets to listen to how badly people actually think he was as the Commander and Chief. He so much wants to be remembered in some good light that he now tosses the carcass of Ted Kennedy under the bus as the Love Me - I Built a House Tour rolls through a town near you...

Source 6

Honestly, if he does have any PR people working with him, then they need to get him to basically keep his mouth closed. The bout of stagflation that he marshalled us into was not his fault. He should delve a bit deeper into that when he talks or feels like writing. However, he should tread lightly as well because while it wasnt his fault...he and his administration were totally inept in handling it and that is what most remember of his presidency. It is that part, someday, he needs to come to grips with and tell us what he would have like to have done differently.

Rather off topic, but...
I was thinking what would make Jimmy probably more happy would be a ex-presidential charity reality show! Yeah, we could have all 4 do good deeds for ratings and approval. We can call it: I DO MORE! They can have challenges like...who can hug the most trees in 5 mins, who can pick up the most trash before the teardrop from the Indians eye falls from his cheek, who can take 1 dollar and buy 1,000,000,000 dollars worth of governmental goods and services, etc... Carter would still probably complain if he got booted off the metropolis first and blame certain ethic groups for his short falls.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2010 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Jimmy Carter

Name: Hannah

Comments: Jimmy Carter could probably take some lessons from Ghandi or Mother Teresa. When you do good for people you don't need to blow a trumpet after saying how good you are for doing it. I agree with the guy who said Jimmy is a bitter man. He is retiring on a presidential salary with loads of benefits. Just enjoy the rest of your days and keep quiet.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2010 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Jimmy Carter - Page 2

Jimmy Carter hospitalized

Former President Jimmy Carter hospitalized in Cleveland after unknown health issue on plane, airport official says. Ref. CNN

28th Sep, 2010 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

Jimmy Carter Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Nothing major, it is being reported that he either had air sickness or an upset stomach.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Jimmy Carter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,