Military Allowing Cons Entry

Military Allowing Cons Entry - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th May, 2008 - 2:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
USA To fill the gap.
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2008 - 5:03am / Post ID: #

I heard that the US Military is allowing ex-cons with manslaughter convictions to serve in order to meet the demand of recruit numbers, is that true?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2008 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Entry Cons Allowing Military

I have not heard of that. I would not be against it if they were in for manslaughter. I think some convicts going out and fighting for our country is a good idea. Maybe they can find some outlet and help us get rid of some of these terrorists.

22nd Apr, 2008 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Military Allowing Cons Entry History & Civil Business Politics

I have no issue here either after all it would lessen the burden on the prisons also. Question is what would you do when they return? or if they received a life sentence do they serve to death?

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

22nd Apr, 2008 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

Actually this shouldnt be a big deal I think this is where prisoners and former ones belong. Send em in the diggs and let them fight it out with the enemy and then they might die with some dignity.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 18 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.8%

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I believe that if they got a life sentence then they are in the military for life. IF they got a ten year sentence then they get ten years in the military. Yes it would help fill the ranks of the military and lessen the burden on the prison system. I believe if they reform and show that they are no longer a threat to society after a war or two then a lifer can be released early.

7th May, 2008 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

Actually, I think the majority of waivers being handed out to "felons" were for minor convictions such as robbery.

From the Washington Post: The vast majority of such convictions stem from juvenile offenses. Most involved theft, but a handful involved sexual assault and terrorist threats, and there were three cases of involuntary manslaughter.

Obviously, for only 3 waivers (for the Army)given for involuntary manslaughter- out of 80,000 new recruits (for the Army once again) it isn't like there is a flow of convicts pouring into the Military. 3 cases, I'm sure the military investigated them intensely and decided seriously whether or not to let these 3 people in.

I think the press is completely blowing this out of proportion- probably in another attempt to make President Bush seem the cause of it, with "Him and 'his' war".

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th May, 2008 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Well bush IS responsible for the situation we are in now. IF he was not soo gun-ho in getting into Iraq to 'take out' saddam I do not think we would be in the fix we are now.

Granted only three have been let in so far but I think the numbers can and should be higher. The cons if they do good can get a pardon from their sentences. If the break the law again then send them back to prison.

9th May, 2008 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Military Allowing Cons Entry Politics Business Civil & History

That's a pretty good idea- I think a lot of cons will jump at a second chance such as joining the military. The problem would be people worrying about the cons in the military doing bad stuff- and while they will be sent back to prison- it could be something bad enough- such as some kind of war crime- that it would damage the military too much to be worth it.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Military Allowing Cons Entry

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,