Does Filling Slow Save Money?

Does Filling Slow Save Money - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 3:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

?
Poll: Does filling your gas tank slow save you money?
  Yes       20.00%
  No       40.00%
  Unsure       40.00%
Total Votes: 5
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Filling Your Gas Tank
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2008 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

Does Filling Slow Save You Money?

Member Krakyn in THIS Thread mentioned that filling your gas tank slow could reduce the overall cost. What is your view?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2008 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Money Save Slow Filling Does

I have found that filling my tank slow or fast I put the same amount of gas into my tank. Well close to the same amount. My tank is 18 gallons and I usually fill it when I have a 1/8th left I normally put in around 16 gallons per fill up. IF I fill slow I just stand there longer. biggrin.gif

22nd Apr, 2008 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Does Filling Slow Save Money? History & Civil Business Politics

Do you account for temperature in this ? I my experience(10 years out of field) a pump tends to measure within 1% at full rate but 2 or 3 percent and some higher at slow rate.

In Canada all pumps are compensated to Standard Pressure and Temperature for fairness of trade. other wise every one would be filling up at night and early AM.

Perhaps the meters have improved but I doubt it.

I am editing this just to add a interesting bit from a 12 year old girls testing.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139828

Just a bit for any who have not hear of temperature compensation. This article covers it very well.

https://www.users.qwest.net/~taaaz/AZgas.ht...20THINK%20ABOUT

So when we tested them it was and average of all the tests that allowed the pump to pass.

you could end up with a pump that the three different rate teste would vary like this 0.5 fast 1.0 fast 2.5 slow giving the combined result of 1/3= 0.33 percent and the pump was passed.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 22nd Apr, 2008 - 5:53pm

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Money Save Slow Filling Does

Well I have to admit I do not use the pump fully open. I do not pump slow but I do not hold the lever all the way open either. I back it off from fully open to about what I would say is around 70% open. SO I may be causing the pump to read closer to your slow pumping rate.

> TOPIC: Does Filling Slow Save Money?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,