Cultural Differences And Acceptance

Cultural Differences Acceptance - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 19th Aug, 2009 - 11:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th Aug, 2009 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Has there been a culture that you were once clueless about but you learned a little about it and now understand?
Growing up sometimes we are confused about why a person we know celebrates certain holidays, eats certain foods, or even looks different. Has there been a culture you have learned about at some point in life that you were once confused about or even discriminated against unknowingly?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Aug, 2009 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Acceptance Differences Cultural

Off topic remarks moved to here: Source 1 Religion should only be deliberated in the Religious based Boards.

19th Aug, 2009 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Cultural Differences And Acceptance Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

It is the culture of Mexico that I am unable to understand. It looks good and attracting but I can't understand that why they celebrate their festivals in such a way. They have a long list of holidays and enjoyment, but the way they celebrate is totally unique. The carnaval is celebrated for 5 days but everyone wore a mask in it. However, it is the biggest festival celebrated by Mexicans.

19th Aug, 2009 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

Can someone enlighten me regarding the significance of the 'bull riding' (I forgot the correct term) and their being let loose throughout the streets in Mexico every year?

19th Aug, 2009 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Lynette)
Can someone enlighten me regarding the significance of the 'bull riding'...

I think you mean the 'Running of the Bulls' as they do in Spain? If so, see here: Source 9

QUOTE (Sahara)
Has there been a culture that you were once clueless about but you learned a little about it and now understand?

One thing I'm coming to understand is that Western Culture is very different from Eastern Culture. Its not just about tradition but perspective and understanding. It is not just another hemisphere its a whole new world.

19th Aug, 2009 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

After many years living here (Caribbean) I still trying to understand the culture. There are some things I understand and others that I do not and I do not accept.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Cultural Differences And Acceptance

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,