Greenhouse Effect To Slow You Down!

Greenhouse Effect Slow Down! - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 7th May, 2008 - 3:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 7th May, 2008 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Greenhouse officials look at cutting speed limit

Government officials are looking at cutting the speed limit by 10kmh - and charging motorists to drive in urban centres - as ways of cutting greenhouse gas emissions.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/4513470a10.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th May, 2008 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Down Slow Effect Greenhouse

It all sounds well and good on paper but will it really work? I think people are still going to drive as much or more like they have been for so long.

7th May, 2008 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

Greenhouse Effect To Slow You Down! Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

This is old old old news cars from the very start have been design for optimal fuel consumption at 90 to accommodate 80 of the small highway and 100 on the freeways.

If they drop it on the freeway then they need to increase it on the highways. I do not know the starts but I guess the freeway is likely the larger traffic volume of the two.

A wiser approach is to toss in another gear that would let a person hit optimum rpm on the 80 km and change the existing gear to hit the optimum at 100 km. Then enforce the speed limits. Not just speeders but the slow pokes who cause even more traffic issue then the speeders, but never get nailed for it.

Post Date: 7th May, 2008 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Down Slow Effect Greenhouse

I agree get some of the slow pokes off the road that are creating more of a hazard as you have to wait to pass them and use more fuel in the meantime because your vehicle is not running at its peak performance speed. Thus your using more gas than you otherwise would not use.

> TOPIC: Greenhouse Effect To Slow You Down!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,