Greenhouse Gas Methane

Greenhouse Gas Methane - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Nov, 2017 - 10:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2008 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Greenhouse Gas Methane

Greenhouse gas methane

Hints of methane's renewed rise

Levels of the greenhouse gas methane appear to be rising again after years of stability, data suggests.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7364679.stm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2008 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

Greenhouse Gas Methane
A Friend

Methane Gas Greenhouse

It think this is a interesting fact. I do hope they can narrow down the cause of this rise. I am thinking it is the permafrost or ice melting that is causing this. I can not say for sure without more research. I am hoping that we get these rises under control and get the curve to go down some instead of the steady rise that has been going on for a while

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Greenhouse Gas Methane History & Civil Business Politics

Methane emissions from trees

A new study is one of the first in the world to show that tree trunks in upland forests actually emit methane rather than store it, representing a new, previously unaccounted source of this powerful greenhouse gas. Ref. Source 7v.

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Greenhouse Gas Methane
A Friend

Methane Gas Greenhouse

Well besides trees I think animals to include humans also release methane gasses into the air too. Is this a renewable source of energy? In some scales yes but I do not think it is a widely used gas for fuel.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2017 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

Methane Gas Greenhouse

Methane-eating microbes may reduce release of gases as Antarctic ice sheets melt. A lake beneath the West Antarctic ice sheet contains large amounts of methane and describes how methane-eating microbes may keep the climate-warming gas from entering the atmosphere. Source 7y.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2017 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Greenhouse Gas Methane
A Friend

Greenhouse Gas Methane

This kind of research could have a huge impact on helping control the temperature on our planet. If we can use these microbes elsewhere without completely screwing up nature it'd be huge.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2017 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Greenhouse Gas Methane
A Friend

Greenhouse Gas Methane

These microbes I do not think will be much help elsewhere. I believe they area cold climate microbe that will not do well in the warmer weather. As time goes on we will find out more and maybe find a way to use them elsewhere.

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2017 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Greenhouse Gas Methane Politics Business Civil & History

Bridging the gap: Potentially low-cost, low-emissions technology that can convert methane without forming carbon dioxide. A potentially low-cost, low-emissions technology has been designed that can convert methane without forming carbon dioxide. Source 2c.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Greenhouse Gas Methane

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,