Afro-american Historical And Genealogical Society

- Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2006 - 8:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2005 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY OFFERS HOW-TO PROGRAM
See https://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review...s/s_343737.html

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania - The Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society of Pittsburgh is offering a program on Saturday on how to put together a family history. The program will include ways to interview people, use historical records, and organize material. The event is being held by the genealogical society, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and Your Sister's Project in an effort to promote interracial understanding.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2005 - 8:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Society Genealogical Historical Afro-american

I wish there was a class put on near where I live, at a time when I can attend. I would love to complete my families geneology. I have bits and pieces of my family history from papers and stories passed down from generation to generation but nothing concrete that I can follow a trail back to the people who came to America and beyond. I would love to be able to do it myself, and I'm not keen on paying someone to do it.

8th Jul, 2005 - 10:48am / Post ID: #

Afro-american Historical And Genealogical Society Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Most of the Family History centers our Church has will guide you in a non-religious environment or in other words, you do not have to become a member or preached to in order for someone to help you with your genealogy. Look in the phone book for 'The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and then ask where a center is nearest to your location.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2006 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Society Genealogical Historical Afro-american

If you have access to a computer and the internet you can go to www.familysearch.org. Anyone can use this website even if you are not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It contains information on how to organize and start your quest to find and organize your genealogy data. You can search for your ancestors on this site as well. Also you can obtain the free Genealogy Software called Personal Ancestral File or PAF 5.2 It is the long term goal of this website to provide all of the information it has and will continue to obtain in digital image form. Books, microfilm etc. Try it out you will be surprised at the results you can achieve.

> TOPIC: Afro-american Historical And Genealogical Society

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,