If Women Ruled The World Would There Be Wars?

If Women Ruled World Wars - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 19th Nov, 2007 - 9:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
17th Sep, 2007 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Sally Fields stated in her acceptance speech at the Emmies.

"And, let's face it, if the mothers ruled the war (world) there would be no (expletive) wars in the first place,"

Would there be wars if women ruled the world?

From the CBS website.
https://cbs2.com/local/local_story_260033720.html

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

Sponsored Links:
17th Sep, 2007 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

Wars There World Ruled Women If

Interesting thread dbackers. I think there would be wars, oh for sure. I think probably the motives of the war could be different or the way it is handle but I have no doubts in my mind that there would be wars.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

17th Sep, 2007 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

If Women Ruled The World Would There Be Wars? History & Civil Business Politics

Two points...

1. Based on your quote shouldn't it be "If Mothers Ruled..." rather than just "Women"?

2. Isn't this the same as the Topic we have listed, A World Of Only Women?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

17th Sep, 2007 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

1. Based on your quote shouldn't it be "If Mothers Ruled..." rather than just "Women"?

I probably should have been more concise, but I thought it was an interesting question from Sally field.

2. Isn't this the same as the Topic we have listed, A World Of Only Women?

"A world of only women" is asking if there were only women would the world be better. I am asking if the there would be War if the Feminine was more dominate in world politics then the Masculine. I believe there is an important distinction in the question of a world without women and a world where women are dominate.

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 17th Sep, 2007 - 9:19pm

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

17th Sep, 2007 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Okay, well given the nature of Mankind which is the same as Womankind I would say the outcome would eventually be the same. Actually, just because we see the men fighting it doesn't mean there aren't women behind it or even instigators of it.

Now if the question is about mothers I am not as sure, but the outcome I believe would gravitate towards the same: war, because then the excuse would be to fight for their children.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

17th Sep, 2007 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

I would probably say that there would be more wars!
Maybe not as long term as they are at the moment, but I think they would flare up over 'smaller' issues than they do at the moment!
I don't think we'll ever find out, but I think women can play as dirty as the next man.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2007 - 9:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

If Women Ruled World There Wars

Haha...just take Golda Meir!Israel had a woman prime minister,and the same goes on...

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2007 - 9:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

If Women Ruled World There Wars Politics Business Civil & History

There would probably be the same number of wars over roughly the same things. Numerous countries have had female rulers that could be described as warmongering or indifferent to their people; Queen Ann, Queen Victoria, Cathrine the Great, the list goes on.

Example: In 1982 Margaret Thatcher sent British Forces to take back the Falklands after Argentina invaded. She didn't try to reason with them or compel them with heartfelt emotion, she sent in the military to kick their butts out.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: If Women Ruled The World Would There Be Wars?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,