Houston Texans

Houston Texans - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 9th May, 2014 - 10:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

American Football If You Build It, Would They Come?
26th Aug, 2005 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Houston Texans

The Houston Texans are a fairly new NFL franchise. Being the 32nd NFL franchise, they began play in 2002. They made NFL history when they were the very first expansion team to ever win consecutive season openers (2002 and 2003). This franchise continues to grow and is gaining fans everywhere.

If you had the means and ability to begin your own NFL franchise would you? Does the state of Idaho need it's own NFL team. They could be the Boise Idaho Wolverines. How about the SLC Seagulls? Does the Mississippi Mockingbirds sound like a winning team? Where would you build your football franchise and why?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2005 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

Houston Texans
A Friend

Texans Houston

Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana wont work well with having professional NFL teams. They are such a college region, outside of Florida, its hard for teams to thrive. I think Idaho should have a team called the Potatoes, so we can make fun of them easier when they come to town. The Texans got lucky having such a good team so early. They got the benefit of a great young quarter back, and there was already an established base there with the former Houston Oilers. The other places listed for new teams do not have established team bases and would be starting from scratch, that makes it much harder. Though, the Panthers have done OK and they started from scratch.

29th Jan, 2006 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Houston Texans Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Houston has a big decision to make come draft day. Do they go with the hyped up Reggie Bush, who has the skills to turn a game around in one play? Or, do they go with hometown hero and 2005 National Champion Vince Young? To be honest, they currently have a good QB in David Carr and a good RB in Domanick Davis, so it really doesn't make sense to take either. The problem is their Offensive line that can't protect either of these two players. Unless they look to beef up that line and offer some protection, either Bush or Young won't be able to do too much their first season.

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2006 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Houston Texans
A Friend

Texans Houston

If they want to have a team next year, they will need to get an offensive line. David Carr spent more time on his back that any quarter back this year. He threw very well this season, either because he learned to throw from his back, or because he hit the ground before he could throw an interception.

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2006 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Texans Houston

Mario Williams Joins

The Houston Texans have signed North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams with the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft.
Ref. Yahoo alerts

29th Apr, 2006 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

Houston Texans

This is no big surprise. In fact I predicted he would go very high (see my NFL hopefuls response). I was hoping he would have dropped lower for a team like the 49ers. I guess the biggest surprise about this is that Reggie Bush is not going #1, although Houston already has a promising back in Domanick Davis. Mario Williams will definitely bolster the defense, but the Texans have a lot of holes to fill, especially on the Offensive line.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th May, 2006 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

Houston Texans

Texans GM Casserly resigns; heading to NFL office?

Houston Texans general manager Charley Casserly resigned Wednesday, saying he was leaving on his own terms to pursue a job in the NFL's front office.

There was speculation Casserly would be fired in the wake of the Texans' 2-14 season and their controversial choice for the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft.

https://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9430061

Can't say this was a big surprise. I doubt his leaving will make that much of a difference in the Texans' organization, and I, for one, didn't see a problem with them making the draft selection they did. They still have a lot of holes to fill before they can be true NFL contenders.

Post Date: 9th May, 2014 - 10:38am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Houston Texans Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Texans select Jadeveon Clowney No. 1 overall in NFL draft

Houston passes on in-state fan favorite Johnny Manziel and instead selects the former South Carolina standout, who is set to join All-Pro J.J. Watt in hopes of bolstering the Texans defense. Ref. USAToday

> TOPIC: Houston Texans

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,