Mormon Prophet Infallibility

Mormon Prophet Infallibility - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd May, 2014 - 3:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
11th May, 2014 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

Do you believe Prophets are infallible? Do you think the Church teaches they are when they say it is not possible for a Prophet to lead us astray?

Sponsored Links:
12th May, 2014 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Infallibility Prophet Mormon

I really don't know what that means? Are prophets mortal mean given a Celestial Calling, yes! I believe Prophets do the same as we all do in our calling! We probably struggle a little, we pray hard over decisions we have to make! We follow the guidance of the spirit! I think prophets are the same way! (Maybe with some added guidance, because of the magnitude of the calling)

The key is, nothing the prophet does is every done alone! The Prophet is never going to make a some decision with out talking with his counselors, or the other 12 apostles! This group as a whole doesn't lead the church astray!

14th May, 2014 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Prophet Infallibility Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE
This group as a whole doesn't lead the church astray!

Because....?

Any scriptural support for what you are saying would be appreciated. Thanks.

15th May, 2014 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

No I don't have any support for that. Did I need one?
The point of having a First Presidency and 12 Apostles is for what?

To help lead the church! Do you think 15 people would get the answer wrong?

17th May, 2014 - 3:43am / Post ID: #

Don't ask ME. You stated:

international QUOTE
This group as a whole doesn't lead the church astray!

All I am asking is how do you know that, share some back up scriptures. Whether they are 12 or 20 does not make a difference.

20th May, 2014 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

I think the church leadership is a rough stone rolling. So are the policies they make. Accepting them as infallible, even if they were, would mean a sacrifice of our righteous ability to reason. We should always be questionable.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd May, 2014 - 8:02am / Post ID: #

As long as they are men, the possibility of leading astray is there whether big or small.

EAG:

international QUOTE
I find the fact that some (I'm talking about member exclusively) have such a distrust prophets teachings not corroberated in scripture disturbing.

Disturbing? What is disturbing about praying and receiving confirmation for ourselves when the Prophet speaks?

What do you all think about this quote of Pres. Joseph F. Smith:

international QUOTE
"It makes no difference what is written or what anyone has said, if what has been said is in conflict with what the Lord has revealed, we can set it aside. My words, and the teachings of any other member of the Church, high or low, if they don't square with the revelations, we need not accept them. Let us have this matter clear. We have accepted the four standard works as the measuring yardsticks, or balances, by which we measure every man's doctrine.
"You cannot accept the books written by the authorities of the Church as the standards of doctrine, only in so far as they accord with the revealed word in the standard works
"Every man who writes is responsible, not the Church, for what he writes. If Joseph Fielding Smith writes something which is out of harmony with the revelations, then every member of the Church is duty bound to reject it. If he writes that which is in perfect harmony with the revealed word of the Lord, then it should be accepted." (Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 3, pp. 203-204)

Post Date: 23rd May, 2014 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Prophet Infallibility Mormon Doctrine Studies

What I find disturbing is not the prophets contradicting scripture, as I'm not aware of an instance of this, but when some assert that because there is no doctrinal support for something a prophet has said that he is then wrong.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mormon Prophet Infallibility

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,