West Virginia Flooding

West Virginia Flooding - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Jun, 2016 - 2:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2016 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

West Virginia Flooding

W.Va. Governor: At least 14 dead as floods sweep West Virginia

At least 14 people died in massive floods in West Virginia, according to Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin. Tomblin's office said it could be the worst in a century. Other people were unaccounted for, so the death toll could rise. Ref. USAToday.

Sponsored Links:
25th Jun, 2016 - 3:40am / Post ID: #

Flooding Virginia West

I'm surprised by this because I've never known West Virginia for flooding. That's a lot of people to die from one climatic event, peace to the families at this difficult time.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 18 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.8%

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2016 - 10:29am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

West Virginia Flooding History & Civil Business Politics

West Virginia Flooding Kills 24; Federal Disaster Declared:

"Roads destroyed, bridges out, homes burned down, washed off foundations," said Greenbrier County Sheriff Jan Cahill. "Multiple sections of highway just missing. Pavement just peeled off like a banana. I've never seen anything like that." Ref. Source 4b.

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2016 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

West Virginia Flooding
A Friend

Flooding Virginia West

There are areas throughout the Western side of the state of West Virginia that are susceptible to flooding. Given the right amount of precipitation and an over abundance of ground saturation, most of these areas become prime locations for flash flooding and long term flooding..

The Ohio River has flooded its bank a number of times causing flooding through many of the cities and towns along its banks. Most of these locations use the river as primary water run off during winter storms and summer rains, so when the river is backed up the water goes away from the river and further into towns and cities.

I am grateful that the damage to life has been minimal. Wish that there was more that could be done for property loss. I believe that this points to the need for emergency preparedness and plans for most major catastrophes.

Rather off topic, but...
Speaking as a Former Resident of the State of West Virginia

> TOPIC: West Virginia Flooding

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,