Barbara Walters

Barbara Walters - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 4th Jan, 2023 - 1:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Top  Barbara Walters
2nd May, 2008 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Barbara Walters

I am very surprised she made such confession, why now? Do you all think this is going to affect her career somehow even though it happened many years ago?

international QUOTE
It's kiss-and-tell time for Barbara Walters: She had an affair with U.S. Sen. Edward Brooke in the 1970s, the veteran journalist revealed during an interview with Oprah Winfrey scheduled to air on Tuesday.

After three decades of silence, Walters, 78, is speaking out about her multi-year relationship. According to transcripts from the show obtained by the Associated Press, the View host called Brooke "Exciting" And "Brilliant" - and tells Winfrey, "I was certainly infatuated ... It was exciting times in Washington."

Walters never talked about her relationship for fear that it would damage her career. Talking to Winfrey, she recounts a phone call with a friend who warned her, "This is going to come out. This is going to ruin your career ... This is going to ruin him. You've got to break this off.'"

Brooke, a moderate Republican from Massachusetts, was elected to the Senate in 1966. At the time, Walters, who was divorced twice, was gaining prominence as a cohost of the Today show on NBC. According to the AP, Walters's affair with Brooke ended before the senator lost his bid for a third term in 1978.

Brooke was later divorced but has subsequently remarried.

Barbara Walters
Barbara Walters (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd May, 2008 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Barbara Walters
A Friend

Walters Barbara

I do not believe that this is going to hurt her career. I like some of her specials and how she goes after a story at times. I believe she feels that this will not hurt her and that is why she is getting it off her chest now.

Post Date: 13th May, 2013 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Barbara Walters Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Barbara Walters To Retire

The veteran ABC News anchor is set to announce Monday morning on "The View" That she will retire from TV journalism next summer. The 83-year-old Walters has spent 37 years at ABC News, joining the network in 1976 to become the first female co-anchor on an evening news program. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2013 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

Walters Barbara

Missing motherhood: Awaiting retirement, Barbara Walters shares regret

In an interview with Piers Morgan, Barbara Walters shared her biggest regret. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 18th May, 2014 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

Walters Barbara

Barbara Walters Her Story - Barbara Walters, a pioneer in broadcast journalism, said one regret she has when it comes to her personal life is not spending more time with her daughter, Jackie. "I was so busy with a career. It's the age-old problem," Walters, 84, said in an interview that will air on the upcoming ABC News special, "Barbara Walters: Her Story." "And, you know, on your deathbed, are you going to say, "I wish I spent more time in the office?" No. You"ll say, "I wish I spent more time with my family," and I do feel that way. I wish I had spent more time with my Jackie." In an interview with her longtime business partner, Bill Geddie, Walters spoke candidly about how her award-winning career affected relationships, and how, despite suffering miscarriages, she still desperately wanted a child.

Barbara Walters
Barbara Walters (Hover)

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2023 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Barbara Walters

Barbara Walters dies at 93 [30 Dec, 2022]. The legendary newscaster broke boundaries during her more than 50 years on the air. The broadcast pioneer, who became the first woman to co-host a morning and evening newscast, died at age 93, ABC News announced during a live special report Friday. Source 1p.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Barbara Walters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,