Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime

Another Mormon Connection Heinous Crime - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Mar, 2005 - 1:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (14) »
Post Date: 20th Dec, 2004 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I may be incorrect, but it seems like an increasing number of sensational crimes, the kind we just can't imagine happening, have an LDS connection. Here is the latest. The lady who kiled the pregnant woman and stole her baby was raised LDS.

https://www.kansas.com/mld/eagle/news/local/10452515.htm

Sponsored Links:
20th Dec, 2004 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Crime Heinous To Connection Mormon Another

Oh my gosh, I did not know that. This is what I was talking about the other day, even though some people may think it is a minority of LDS related people, the kind of crimes they commit are HORRENDOUS! shocked.gif' /><!--endemo-->  </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

21st Dec, 2004 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime Studies Doctrine Mormon

That is the most shocking crime of which I've heard in the past few years. I have had some thoughts recently about LDS people related to horrific crimes, and I'll post them here.

I couldn't find the quote right away, but Joseph Smith taught about leaving neutral ground once you hear and understand the gospel. You may work for it, you may work against it, but you will never again be neutral.

Being raised in the Church, or being thoroughly immersed in the Church and its culture later in life, there is a tendency for some to think they are hopeless. No matter how much we preach repentance and salvation through the mercy of Christ, some people will think, "That doesn't apply to me. I can't make it."

This conclusion often comes a long time before inactivity comes. The sins that bring them to this despair are often secret and habitual, and for a time it's easier to continue looking active in the Church, even while being completely inactive in the gospel. This is the point at which we see many crimes from "active" members. They have given up and given in to their habitual sins (especially sex-related crimes, as we have seen), but put on a facade to avoid the inconvenience of being a "project" or being labeled "inactive."

Then, some give up the act and leave the Church. Because they have been taught the seriousness of their sins, some decide to go for broke - to commit the most vile sins possible. They have left the neutral ground where they could have pled ignorance. They know. That's what makes these crimes true tragedies in the literary sense. They violate others, but they almost always destroy themselves in the process.

24th Dec, 2004 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

More sad news...*shaking head*

LDS Primary teacher faces charges of sex abuse

SYRACUSE - An LDS Primary teacher was accused of molesting young girls in his class during church and at his home.
Aaron Marcos Montoya, 32, who is also a Salt Lake County sheriff's officer, was charged in 2nd District Court with five counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child. The charges included the aggravated enhancement because Montoya was in a position of trust in his church duties.
Two of the victims were allegedly molested at a ward of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints near 4500 West and 1700 South in Syracuse on Dec. 12. The attacks allegedly occurred in Montoya's Primary classroom while other students were present, Syracuse police Sgt. Mark Sessions said....

https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600099747,00.html

24th Dec, 2004 - 5:45am / Post ID: #

Hearing more and more about these cases, I am convinced more strongly that we are in the last days, and that even some weak members of the Church are being used to try to destroy it. It hurts the heart to hear of these incidents.

24th Dec, 2004 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

True and we have to analise where this happened also, in Utah, LDS 'land'. This is what we were discussing in the thread about Utahns and the Church, people put Utah and their people in a spiritual pedestal, when in reality, they are not different from any other member of the Church. The neighbors of this guy (the LDS primary teacher) were in shocked because they described the guy as a nice guy and the family 'very religious'. What a bad reputation it brings to the Church once again and how scary is to see that the type of crimes our members committ are beyond imagination. undecided.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Feb, 2005 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Another Mormon Connection To Heinous Crime

Stake President in Montanna, or I guess I should say former Stake President has been sentenced to 41 months in Federal prison.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/pbcs.dl...EWS01/502160330

23rd Mar, 2005 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To Heinous Crime Mormon Doctrine Studies

I found this link that describes different cases of LDS members and leaders involved in terrible crimes. It is interesting to notice how most of these people are lawyers and doctors and people that hold high-positions within the Church body. I do not know how do you see things like this, but sometimes members make such a big deal of a "doctor Stake President" or a Bishop that is a successful lawyer like if those achievements make a person a "good" person. *shaking head*. The truth is that we have to be aware of everything and everybody around us and learn once and for all that callings do not make a person more "worthy" or "better" than another.

https://www.childpro.org/ldscases.htm

The case that touched me the most is Gary Arthur Bishop. He sexually tortured and murdered five boys, ages 5-14. He was an LDS Boy Scout leader.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,