Were We Like The Flds - Page 3 of 3

Exactly. My position is regardless whether - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Jun, 2008 - 5:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
13th Jun, 2008 - 5:19am / Post ID: #

Were We Like The Flds - Page 3

I am talking about first hand accounts from those who were still in the FLDS church at the time, in personal conversations I had with them. What they will tell you in personal conversation they would not repeat in a public interview. But granted, I would never presume that the experiences of a few are representative of a population at large. But most polygamous women I have known were obligated to be submissive to their husbands. One reason why some of those with stronger wills often will break away and leave their husbands.

Sponsored Links:
13th Jun, 2008 - 5:21am / Post ID: #

Flds The We Were

But most polygamous women I have known were obligated to be submissive to their husbands.

What exactly do you mean by "submissive" since the word has many interpretations for many people.

13th Jun, 2008 - 5:32am / Post ID: #

Were We Like The Flds Studies Doctrine Mormon

Not usually in an oppressive way, though I have known some women who were terribly oppressed by their husbands. But these women would tell me stories of how their entire lives and those of their children were centered around what their husbands wanted. What the women thought counted for nothing. They were required to obey their husbands without question. They were always to submit to his will or they were considered sinners. Not all thought it was a terrible thing. Many just accepted it as the order of things. One women, who I knew quite well, finally tired of the situation and left her husband. As a result she not only lost her children but her father disowned her as well. Her mother was not allowed to speak to her or she would be disobeying her husband.

13th Jun, 2008 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Flds The We Were

Sounds like some abusive cases. Nevertheless, doesn't this exist in EVERY religious organization including our Church? You would be surprised the amount of abuse that goes on behind close doors in some member's homes.

13th Jun, 2008 - 5:47am / Post ID: #

Flds The We Were

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised. I worked in child protection for four years. I saw alot and know that abuse is everywhere. I do realize that not everyone in plural marriages have these experiences. These are what was told to me. I have know sister wives who were very happy in their lives. I have been to Colorado City and it was like steppng back in time. But I did not see any indication that people were unhappy with their lives.

13th Jun, 2008 - 5:54am / Post ID: #

Were We Like The Flds

Exactly. My position is regardless whether these marriages are polygamous or not, there is abuse going on in a lot of marriages and the FLDS Church is not the exception.

Rather off topic, but...
Do they use computers at all? Maybe you can invite some of them here?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Were We Like The Flds

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,