Socially Avoidant

Socially Avoidant - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 4th Feb, 2010 - 5:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Autism Behavior
Post Date: 5th May, 2008 - 11:35am / Post ID: #

Socially Avoidant

Socially Avoidant

Is your child Socially Avoidant?

This involves:

* Running away when someone speaks to the child
* Exhibiting what seems to be a 'fear' of people
* Senses may be heightened: smell and sound

Sponsored Links:
2nd Feb, 2010 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Avoidant Socially

Our son is absolutely all the opposite. He is extremely social and loves to interact with people but he behaves socially awkward.

4th Feb, 2010 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Socially Avoidant Health & Special Psychology

international QUOTE (Brandon @ 5-May 08, 6:35 AM)
Socially Avoidant

Is your child Socially Avoidant?

This involves:

* Running away when someone speaks to the child
* Exhibiting what seems to be a 'fear' of people
* Senses may be heightened: smell and sound

Wow... My son didn't run but he didn't exactly jump at the chance either.

I don't run per se, but I would be more avoidant than him by far. I prefer a job in the back of whatever office, away from customers. I prefer eating or watching a movie at home rather than out. The sensitivities are funny, I easily get headaches with light and sound. I always have.

4th Feb, 2010 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

Avoidant Socially

AmberFry, you have a son with Autism? Our son is hyper verbal and socially aggressive which is rare in someone with Autism, he pushes himself onto people he does not know, quite the opposite of any avoidance issues as LDS_forever mentioned.

4th Feb, 2010 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Avoidant Socially

No, not that we can tell, though he does show some Aspie traits. Now, I'm not sure if its because two of his friends are Asperger's and he just picked up a few things over the years or if there is really something in him for it to come from.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the user above you. See Constructive Posting Policy.

4th Feb, 2010 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

Socially Avoidant

Maybe you should have him evaluated, if only to be sure, especially if his major friends may already socially awkward - you do not want him to grow up thinking that is "normal".

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Feb, 2010 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Socially Avoidant

Oh he already knows. He does have other friends that are fine. That and what's normal anymore? No, really, what is?

As long as he manages to get along with others and with people in general, and can gain some marketable skills for his future, smaller quirks aren't an issue. We all have them, most just manage to hide them better than others. We do keep an eye on it. As long as he isn't isolated by it or hurting anyone, including himself, then its fine.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the user above you. See Constructive Posting Policy.

4th Feb, 2010 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

Socially Avoidant Psychology Special & Health

international QUOTE (AmberFry)
That and what's normal anymore? No, really, what is?

That is why I put quotes - "normal". However, there are basic things that are simplistic as the first Post indicates. It will be awkward anywhere for someone to address you in a friendly manner such as "Hello" and you simply run away or become afraid when there is no justifiable reason for such. I will also like to recommend to others who may be reading this: Mary and Max: Source 4

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Socially Avoidant

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,