World Greed Updates - Page 2 of 5

That is such a bummer! I loved that - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 24th Sep, 2008 - 7:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Closed
World Greed
5th Jul, 2008 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

World Greed Updates - Page 2

Small Update

On the "Create Game" page I have added the names of those who joined in some weeks ago. LDS_forever no longer has her color, so the only ones left are Aqua and Purple.

Get FP From Risk Screen

Now on the main page right after you login you will see options for getting 200 and 500FP added to your RISK account. These buttons automatically inform me of your desire to have FP. Please use these only, there is no need to use the Contact Page. Thanks.

Sponsored Links:
12th Jul, 2008 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Updates Greed World

RISK New Look!

I've made a few effects and cosmetic changes, please note them all:

1. When you conquer a country you will hear an explosion sound effect (turn on your speakers) and see an explosion in the status menu followed by the victory sign of a man with outstretched arms.

2. Other indicators contain an image to help you see where the game is at.

3. In One on One Player Matches I've done away with the wasted space created by the text indicating that One on One Rules are in effect. Instead this has been transferred to the status links.

4. The log text has been made smaller.

5. The background map has been updated to be clearer and give you the feel of an actual Board. Before this it was difficult to read the names of the countries.

6. All RISK players have received an extra 100FP Thanks to KNToran for catching a bug (see the Bugs Thread).

7. I added color codes to the Game log. When you see a blue message it means that the player has finished his INITIAL placement. Read means a turn has ended. I also updated the One on One Thread example with this.

8. You will see other little changes here and there that aren't necessarily mentioned here. This is all in preparation for other RISK versions I will be creating.

13th Jul, 2008 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

World Greed Updates Reviews RPG & Card Board

More Updates

In additions to above:

1. Winners will get a sound effect after conquering all countries, and the delete button was moved lower down in case there were any messages to savor.

2. If players check to see if a game has started yet they will encounter a sound of someone desperate, "What are you waiting for?"

3. Images can now be seen instead of just a name. If you want to know who an image represents you simply point to picture and a small popup will tell you.

4. Soon to come I will be adding options for images (real pictures of you as opposed to avatars), but not at the moment.

18th Jul, 2008 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Updates Greed World

Checked By Default

Sometimes I forget to check the box to get Email reminders ("Would you like to receive emails on your turn?") when joining a Battle, so I enabled it by default, you can always uncheck it while joining if you want.

24th Jul, 2008 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

Updates Greed World

Removed The Sticky Clutter

I removed many of the Sticky Threads to a Regular position, look for them there.

I also added a RISKy Tips Thread that you can use at your own discretion.

I will be going on to version two of RISK, so you all try to get along and not fight outside of the map wink.gif.

2nd Aug, 2008 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

World Greed Updates

Spaces Allowed

When you create RISK Battles you will now be able to use a space in between words so your title can be readable. You are still limited to 32 characters though.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Sep, 2008 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

World Greed Updates - Page 2

Mormon RISK Closed

This Board can only be seen by Upgraded Members and mostly for the purpose of letting you see the latest with this. I got the following Email from the lawyers representing Hasbro

We are counsel for Hasbro, Inc. ("Hasbro"), the owner of the copyrights and trademarks for the famous RISK® game.  We write concerning the online "Mormon Risk" and "Community Risk" games that you have developed and made available on your websites at www.lds-doctrine.com/mormon-risk/index.php?page+gamebrowser and www.bordeglobal.com/board/netrisk. 

The RISK® game, including the rules, is the copyrighted property of Hasbro.  Hasbro also owns the trademark rights to the RISK® name.  Your unauthorized use of elements of Hasbro's RISK® game for your "Community Risk" game, including rules, map details and playing pieces, constitutes copyright infringement in violation of 17 U.S.C. § 501.  Your use of the names "Mormon Risk" and "Community Risk" for games that are virtually identical to Hasbro's RISK® game violates the federal trademark laws, including 15 U.S.C. §§ 1114(1) and 1125(a), by creating a likelihood of confusion with respect to Hasbro's authorization or sponsorship of or association with your commercial activities.  Your unauthorized use of the RISK mark is also likely to dilute its distinctive quality and hamper its ability to function as source-identifying mark in violation of 15 U.S.C. § 1125© and numerous state anti-dilution laws.

We therefore demand that you immediately cease and desist from any further use of the RISK® game elements and trademark and remove your "Mormon Risk" and "Community Risk" games from your websites.

Please confirm to me in writing as soon as possible, and in any event within ten (10) days your agreement to the above.  This letter does not purport to be a complete statement of the facts or the law and is without prejudice to Hasbro's legal and equitable rights.

Here was my reply:

We do not wish to infringe on the copyrights of Hasbro. We
actually found the script on the public domain of sourceforge.
In fact if you go to this link you will find many RISK related scripts:
Source 9

The script was not developed by us and we thought it was free
usage. However, now that you have brought this to our attention
we will immediately remove it.

We do want to ask though, in the Mormon RISK version the actual game
is not like RISK it has different rules, pieces and map, would a rename
and totally different layout suffice for that? Would you need to see first
to decide?

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.

We are still waiting for a reply. Sad news all around. We have a feeling that someone one that recently expressed negative attitude towards it (NOT from this Community) probably tried to stir up trouble for us.

24th Sep, 2008 - 7:34am / Post ID: #

World Greed Updates Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

cry.gif That is such a bummer! I loved that game! I hope they will be favorable in the LDS version. Looking forward to hearing!

By the way, thanks for all the time and effort! I had a blast and it was worth it to me--hope it was to you!

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: World Greed Updates

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,