Mormons Complaining A Sin?

Mormons Complaining Sin - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Aug, 2014 - 11:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
26th Jul, 2014 - 10:54am / Post ID: #

As I was thinking today about some stories in the scriptures I was wondering whether complaining is a sin? Take an example the Israelites trying to make it to the promised land. They endured a lot of things and they complained during the whole journey (No water, no meat, etc) and the Lord did not spare consequences based on that attitude.

Do you think complaining is a sin? Do you think it has become one of those "acceptable" sins?-

Sponsored Links:
26th Jul, 2014 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Sin Complaining Mormons

I think it is when the Lord (Or his servants) are involved.

Complaining that they broke into my TV show to tell me that my Governor is leaving to China isn't really a Sin.

But Complaining that the Lord doesn't like me, or that my bishop hates me and always gives me dumb callings is a sin.

I think when its against the Lord, (Mostly 90% what Laman and Lemual did) is a sin.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2014 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormons Complaining A Sin? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I agree with the above and also when complaining shows that you don't trust the lord to take care of you.

5th Aug, 2014 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Sin Complaining Mormons

What about complaining about your circumstances, how unfair life has been to you, you have too much work to do, your boss is a pain in the behind, etc? Those sort of stuff.

6th Aug, 2014 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

Sin Complaining Mormons

I put up with these kind of things all my life. Sometimes I talk over them and from time to time I am annoyed about somethings. Yet these are tests of humility, or just plain tests of faith some to test you other tests are there to destroy your happiness ( remember what the lord said to Joseph Smith "they are only for a moment and if you endure them well ye shall be blessed" ) if we humble ourselves before the lord they (Our complaints become small) or we may choose to dwell in them and be dismayed at them and complain to others and be down spiritually and drag our feet thru our tests and be unhappy.

international QUOTE
Do you think complaining is a sin? Do you think it has become one of those "acceptable" sins?
shrugging shoulders, ? I guess it depends on who, what and why person is complaining and I had never gave it much thought ecpt. For those I do know complain and not obeying the commandments and are unhappy ,hateful,greedy, ect. Complain when they do not get what they want and well are OCD and threaten others when denighed and make it into something else other that what it is then it becomes a greater and sin than we think and unacceptable by us but acceptable behavor by the the complainer.

7th Aug, 2014 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (Happy_LDS)
What about complaining about your circumstances, how unfair life has been to you, you have too much work to do, your boss is a pain in the behind, etc? Those sort of stuff.

It is when you blame God, or really when you are blaming others. When we try to excuse yourself for the choices we made, then we are pushing fault else where. Complaining about our own life and our own choices probably wouldn't be a sin in the real sense of the word. But it probably don't make you feel good about yourself. Which could be a tool of Satan to in a way make us feel worthless.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Aug, 2014 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Complaining Sin

I think we're safe to say it may not be a sin but as Tubaloth mentioned it can be a tool Satan is using to discourage you so watch out.

9th Aug, 2014 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Complaining Sin Mormon Doctrine Studies

When I was guilty of murmuring (Complaining) against the Lord and the way that I felt that He was treating me, He let me know that He was not pleased. He rebuked me, and I had to repent. I think that such murmuring shows a lack of faith in Him and the fact that He loves us and everything that He does is always for our best welfare.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormons Complaining A Sin?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,