Bizarre Foods

Bizarre Foods - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 21st Feb, 2012 - 7:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
TV Cultural Food Documentary
9th May, 2008 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Bizarre Foods

I love the show. It is quite educational. I think the host does an amazing job, I have never seen him with a facial expression that may denote he dislikes the food. Even when he tastes foods that he obviously does not like he always say "It is not something I will try again". laugh.gif

Sponsored Links:
9th May, 2008 - 11:10am / Post ID: #

Foods Bizarre

The only time I have seen him about lose it was when he tried some "famous extra healthy stinky tofu" in Taiwan. Basically, if they say it is "good for health" that is code for it taste horrid. Nothing that taste delicious is good for your health here! When he bit into that stinky tofu, he looked like he was going to lose his lunch and he just about spit it back out. I will give credit though, he did choke it down and gave the store owner a nice word before he left!

9th May, 2008 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

Bizarre Foods Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Vincenzo, I keep hearing from you about the "stinky tofu" and I thought it was a term you use to describe your dislike for tofu in general, little I know the stinky tofu really exist and even served with goose blood! shocked.gif' /><!--endemo--><br /><br />This is what I found about the host of the show and his experience with it:<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->In the TV series Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, chef Andrew Zimmern sampled stinky tofu in Taiwan. While he enjoyed the griddled variety sold by street vendors in Shenkeng, he could not stand the two dishes - cow stomach sandwich (with fried stinky tofu as the bun) and raw stinky tofu salad with Century eggs - he was served at

9th May, 2008 - 12:11pm / Post ID: #

Foods Bizarre

Yes, I really meant Stinky Tofu. I cannot even really describe the smell it is so bad. However, I can tell you that I cannot even get within sight of it. I will nearly get sick just smelling it if I come anywhere around it and I have a pretty strong stomach. If you catch the show he did from Taiwan, the vat of rotted veggies that Mrs Dai puts the fried tofu in look absolutely disgusting. It reminds me of something that fraternity members would concoct for hazing of pledges!

Oh, and we do have a lot of hot pots with congelled duck/goose blood in them. It tastes OK, but it is not something I have to have every week. Once a month in the winter time is good enough for me.

There is one street in Taipei where they have a open market. At one end of the market, there are lines of stinky tofu vendors. I have tried to go out of the market this way breathing through my mouth and I can still taste that stuff so much I have to turn around and go around to get to the other side.

9th May, 2008 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Foods Bizarre

My goodness, I just saw the video of Bizarre foods and the stinky tofu and I never saw the host literally throwing up the food, he couldn't take it! laugh.gif

Here is the video, I recommend it for a good laugh!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7QNGPmuqa6s

9th May, 2008 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Bizarre Foods

I saw just the preview of Bizarre Foods and that was enough to let me know that I'm not interested in sitting through a whole episode. Thanks but no thanks!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th May, 2008 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Bizarre Foods

I shall have to try and see it some time. I am glad to see he is being a gentleman and trying the dish before curdling his stomach. I think I would love to be that host. As a bonus once a month I would ask a big name to join and mock them for being a gurly man, when they gag on the dish of the day.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2012 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

Bizarre Foods Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Bizarre Foods Detroit

Andrew finds out if it is food that keeps Detroit's motor running. Andrew visits Motown and gets revved up about tasting some of the city's food, including iconic soul food and lamb brain sandwiches, in the heart of Arab America.

+  1 2 
> TOPIC: Bizarre Foods

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,