Can Satan Mimic The Holy Spirit - Page 2 of 3

Satan cannot mimic the spirit but people can - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Mar, 2016 - 2:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
20th May, 2008 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

Can Satan Mimic The Holy Spirit - Page 2

To think that a member of the Godhead would be so easily mimiced is to not understand the power of God and Godliness.

Sponsored Links:
20th May, 2008 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

Spirit Holy Mimic Satan Can

I think that too many people underestimate the power of Satan. You have me curious now, with that comment Danite. I will have to find a book that I read.

I remember reading in that book that if Christ appears to you (as an example--could be anything) THEN Satan has the equal power to try and convince you it was NOT Christ. Which can obviously lead to confusion and doubt for some. Something about equal opposition? Sound familiar to anyone else?

24th May, 2008 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Can Satan Mimic The Holy Spirit Studies Doctrine Mormon

The Comforter was given by Heavenly Father to speak certain feelings to us. Satan cannot mimic those. I think the problem here is that people confuse the feelings. It is like someone confusing infatuation with love or excitement with paranoia, etc.

7th Jun, 2008 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Spirit Holy Mimic Satan Can

I have the feeling that the Satan's power to imitate the Spirit is inversely proportional to our ability and willingness to follow the commandments as laid out in the Scriptures. The more disobedient and defiant we are with the things of God, the more likely that we can deceived by the devil.

"Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves" (James 1:22)

Thus we see that if we are not doers of the word and we choose to be lax in keeping the commandments we are left to our own devices to be deceived of men and of Satan.

I have seen in my own life, when I was not striving to keep the commandments, that the Lord left me to my own power, to be left to rely on my own strengths (A sad situation in my case).

But, I also believe that the Lord is merciful. If we do sin, and we realize our errors and come to the Lord with pure intent and a desire to change, he will gently persuade us to utilize redemptive power of Christ. He is a merciful God, and He will bless the man or woman who comes to him in humility. Then he will poor out the blessing of his spirit if we again choose to humbly follow him and accept his loving kindness.

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2008 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Spirit Holy Mimic Satan Can

Name: James

Comments: I just stumbled upon your post.. I am in a similar dialog on another board about this very topic. No.. Satan can't mimic the Holy Spirit, if so then as you say we could never know spiritual truth, for you couldn't be sure when or where he was in fact mimicking the holy Spirit. Perhaps to the prophets of old? If he can mimic today then he could have mimicked to the writers of the New Testament.. I tell you such an idea that Satan could mimic the Holy Spirit is a satanic doctrine designed by the adversary to cause people to deny or doubt the influence of the Holy Spirit"¦ To bring them close to actual blasphemy of the Spirit, which is explicitly stated in the Scriptures as the Un-forgivable sin. Satan may and can mimic many things, but a witness of the Holy Spirit is reserved for God and God alone.

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2008 - 8:02am / Post ID: #

Can Satan Mimic The Holy Spirit
A Friend

While addressing the topic "By their fruits you Shall know them", Elliaison addressed this question. He was saying they we often misinterpret the fruits to meet things that are mis-leading, like actions or blessings/curses. Using Job, Nephi and others as examples of how Actions cann't be judged as fruits. Then he says the fruits are feelings, using examples like, the fruit of the spirit being Love, peace, long suffering etc... Then he makes this interesting observation which pertains to this discussion:

"In fact, I have heard some say that the devil has a counterfeit for all of those feelings.  If the devil can make you feel love or peace for example, then would it not invite you to do good?  All the laws and teachings of the prophets are summed up in two points.  Love God and love your neighbor, (Matt. 22:36-40).    It is impossible to love and not fulfill all the laws of God because they are based on Love, (Rom. 13: 8, 10, Gal. 5: 14, James 2: 8).  So if the devil can help us to Love, then he would be doing good, which he cannot do.  Along with Love, Peace, long suffering, patience and other good feelings, which help us to treat others with love, come from God and are of no use to the devil.  God's goodness unites people with love in harmony and peace.  Christ explained this when he taught, if you are not one, you are not mine. 
This was illustrated when the apostles were disturbed by a man who was casting out devils.  This man was not associated with Christ or the same group as the apostles, so the apostles, being disturbed, forbade him from continuing to cast out devils.  When Christ heard this he responded, "Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us." - Luke 9:49-50, Mark 9:38-41. 
Just as these good fruits come from God, all negative feelings come from the devil and produce evil including separation, pride, selfishness, disunity, and war. 
Below is a simple comparison of both good and bad fruits in no particular order:   

*Good Fruit*
Love
Gratitude
Joy
Excitement
Hope
Faith
Satisfaction
Patience
Peace
Acceptance/

*Bad Fruit*
Annoyance
Worry
Criticism/Blame
Anger
Revenge
Hate
Resentment
Guilt
Unrest
Depression
Fear

We all know when we have negative feelings and when we have positive feelings.  Some may be stronger than others, but all feelings are either negative or positive.  We cannot be under the influence of the positive and the negative at the same time.  The positive will always dispel the negative, (1 Jn. 4:18, Moro. 8: 16).
All good feelings come from God and are uplifting, encouraging and enabling.  A person cannot experience these feelings without doing good because these feelings are the fruits of goodness.  And, as the sweet fruits of the trees have seeds, so do the fruits of goodness contain the seeds of goodness.  Just as an apple contains seeds that can be planted to produce another apple tree, so the fruits of goodness contain the seeds which can produce good trees.  And, as an apple seed will never produce a cactus, neither can Love, peace or any other good fruit be planted in our hearts and produce evil fruit." - Elliaison - 2007 Wherefore by Their Fruits You Shall Know Them

So I think that if the Devil could mimic the Love and peace that "entices us to do good" then he would be on the wrong team. All that is good comes from God and that which is evil does not. Satan cannot cast out satan and Love cannot produce hate. There is also the whole trust in the spirit and not in the arm of flesh thing. The spirit is the only rock on which if we build we cannot fall. If we cannot fall, then we qualify for calling and election made sure = Exaltation. And another thought is that blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is the only unpardonable sin and is worse than blasphemy agains Christ. it would seem that if we could not rely on the feelings/fruits of the Holy Ghost to guide us, then blasphemy against the Holy Ghost would have to be more lenient.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Sep, 2008 - 6:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Can Satan Mimic Holy Spirit - Page 2

Reading what was said here to my mind came two things:

The way Moses was able to detect the evil one after his conversation with the Father in Moses 1 (PGP). It was wondrous for me that he had the power to cast him out, knowing in his heart that there is no glory to bow down to and that he can see him with his natural eyes despite the fear he felt.

Next thing was the way "sign seeking people" are acting. They make us feel uncomfortable asking us to give them the answer for they are either afraid to ask God or do not believe He answers prayers.

BofM gives a good example of such people -- Zeezrom (Alma 10-14); Korihor (Alma 30) and Sherem (Jacob 7). Korihor and Sherem asked for a sign and died, but Zeezrom did not and was converted.

Feel no shame in what you know is confirmed by the Spirit, it is the truth.

Truth is found in the eyes of the beholder!

See also Matthew 6:22

Krasi

7th Mar, 2016 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Can Satan Mimic Holy Spirit Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

Satan cannot mimic the spirit but people can interpret something as from the spirit when it might actually be something subtly planted by Satan. This is mostly due to people not correctly defining the fruits of the spirit.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Can Satan Mimic The Holy Spirit

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,