The Woman Who Can't Forget

The Woman Can' T Forget - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 12th May, 2008 - 6:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Top  The Woman Who Can' t Forget Author Jill Price
10th May, 2008 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

I have not read her book, but I did see a 20/20 documentary about her remarkable memory. Everything this woman comes in contact with is memorized by her automatically and because of that she cannot forget! She made me think about the usefulness of forgetting. Just imagine doing something stupid when you were young, any normal person would eventually forget about it or the details may become dulled in memory, you may even forget about it after years go by, but with Jill she remembers all the details and never forgets what happened to the date, day and time. She could also tell you what was major news for that day!

The Woman Who Can't Forget (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
12th May, 2008 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #

Forget Cant Woman The

I wonder if she eats a special diet or takes a lot of vitamin B?

I don't envy this lady one bit for her ability to remember every single detail in her life. Of course, with a gift like this, it could be useful in some instances; for example, if she were a witness to a murder, she could provide a detailed description to the police concerning what the murder looked like; she would never have to worry about forgetting anything and there would be no need for her to use pen and paper. If she is going grocery shopping, she could memorize all the grocery items she needs at home.

But if I had a choice of being able to remember everything in my life or being forgetful, I would prefer to be forgetful. There are some things in life that people would not mind forgetting for example: an abusive relationship; seeing a loved one die before your very eyes; being a victim of rape or being involved in a terrible car accident. The brain has a unique way of taking care of a human being especially when he or she is traumatized. For instance, if a person is involved in a serious car accident, some victims who survive the accident cannot remember anything. I think this is the body's way of protecting itself. It is traumatic enough to wake up learning that you have very grave injuries from a car accident. But it makes a person feel even worse when he or she could remember every single detail of the accident; especially if a loved one, who was in the car with you, died.

In my opinion, there are some incidents in life that are just not worth remembering....

> TOPIC: The Woman Who Can't Forget

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,