My Mormon Bishop Is A Mexican Illegal Immigrant

My Mormon Bishop Mexican Illegal Immigrant - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th Aug, 2014 - 3:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
My Mormon Bishop Is A Mexican Illegal Immigrant Related Information to My Mormon Bishop Is A Mexican Illegal Immigrant
Post Date: 21st Aug, 2014 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Name: Concerned

Comments: I know my bishop doesn't have his papers to be here legally. He's trying to get it fixed but it all seems kind of strange to me that he can be worthy to be bishop and not be legally in America. Can anyone explain that for me with logic or scripture?

Sponsored Links:
22nd Aug, 2014 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Immigrant Illegal Mexican Is Bishop Mormon My

The Prophet Joseph Smith taught that Jesus Christ was the only perfect man who ever lived. So, if you're looking for a Bishop who is perfect, don't hold your breath--you'll never find one. No one is perfect, including even my own Bishop. Your Bishop is guilty of breaking one of the laws of men. Most of us are guilty of breaking the laws of God. Which is worse? I think that mercy, forgiveness, and charity are the order of the day. It might behoove us to get the beams out of our own eyes before we try to take the mote out of someone else's eye. After all, who can say that if they were Mexican, they would not do exactly the same thing for the welfare of their family? It's easy for us to judge, from our position of living in the United States, but how do we really know what we would do if we had been born in Mexico? I, for one, find it easy to forgive illegal aliens because I know that if I had been born in Mexico, I would be doing the exact same thing that they are doing. The thing that I worry about is militant Muslims coming to our country illegally.

22nd Aug, 2014 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

My Mormon Bishop Is A Mexican Illegal Immigrant Studies Doctrine Mormon

What the heck does judging have to do with being ILLEGAL in my country! You are illegal full stop. Anything you do after that does not matter. Two wrongs don't make a right.

25th Aug, 2014 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

Please allow me to try to explain it to you so that you can understand. The Bishop is here illegally. That's wrong. Now tell me that you are perfect. In other words, "let him (Or her) who is without sin cast the first stone." Are you without sin? Because you seem to me to be casting stones.

27th Aug, 2014 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

You have your ideals messed up. Since when does someone being illegal in the country have anything to do with casting stones. Being in an ILLEGAL status has nothing to do with what the church thinks, what you or I think, etc. This is not an issue of sin, this is an issue of OBEYING THE LAWS OF A LAND. Maybe the next time you see an immigration officer you should tell them not to arrest any illegals because he would be casting stones.

28th Aug, 2014 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

If you are judging someone for being an illegal alien, then that is what I meant about casting stones. Actually, according to the Articles of Faith, " If breaking the law of the land has nothing to do with sin, then perhaps you can explain the following to me:

"We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law." (Article of Faith 12)

So, if you are an illegal alien, you are obviously not doing that.

As for immigration officers, they are merely doing there job, and I am not going to tell him how to do it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Aug, 2014 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

My Mormon Bishop Is Mexican Illegal Immigrant

Name: Concerned

Comments:

international QUOTE
Can anyone explain that for me with logic or scripture?

There is no scriptural logic. He is breaking the laws of the land through dishonesty. I say dishonesty because people often forget that those who are illegal need papers to work, and if they do not have the papers then they usually use either fake documents or stolen SS numbers in order to do it. It also causes innocent US citizens to be victims of identify theft. So this is a much bigger issue than coming to the country illegally.

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2014 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

My Mormon Bishop Is Mexican Illegal Immigrant Mormon Doctrine Studies

For the record I love the US, was raised in a military family, and am not thrilled about the people & the government choosing consistently to not enforce immigration laws. This is on the people and their elected officials.

However, the LORD knew the brother lacked legal US citizenship when HE called him to be a Bishop. I have no problem with him serving as a Bishop if called to do so while he is here. However, I also have no problem with you letting the Stake Presidency know about the immigration status of the Bishop, if the Bishop won't tell them himself. I believe church authorities would appreciate knowing, then they can pray about the mans case and make a determination of what they believe the LORD wants them to do. For all you know the Bishop may have already told them?

Also, you might consider editing the title of this forum topic. The fact he is Mexican is not relevant and might make some think prejudice is a factor. I suggest "My Mormon Bishop Is Here Illegally" Would generate more legitimate interest in the core topic at hand.

Best Regards and I hope I've not caused any offense.

Reconcile Edited: Ericwold on 29th Aug, 2014 - 3:34am

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: My Mormon Bishop Is A Mexican Illegal Immigrant

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,