Color or Black & White Photography

Color Black White Photography - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 3rd Jan, 2004 - 8:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
They say a picture tells a story of a 1000 words, but is that a B/W or color picture?
5th May, 2003 - 10:12am / Post ID: #

Black & White Photography vs. Color

Certain effects are created by using colors and shades. I would even dare to say that using shades may be even more important. That is where good lighting comes in, but this thread is not about shades, we are talking about colors here. Which would you prefer to take your photograph in? Color or black and white? Why?

Sponsored Links:
5th May, 2003 - 11:27am / Post ID: #

Photography White and Black Color

Definetly I prefer Black and White pictures.  It looks so much professional!!!! and most of the recognized model agencies in the world they will ask you for W&B pictures...but again the film for those kind of pics are more expensive than the normal one so I guess that's why only professional photographers use it with the models so often.

Post Date: 23rd May, 2003 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Color or Black & White Photography Sports & Fashion Music Movies

You know what I never thought about this before seeing this message, but I must admit that I like color more since b/w seems to be more old fashioned.

23rd May, 2003 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

since b/w seems to be more old fashioned.

Black and white is about shades, and it really depends on the photographer to make it look classy and not a passport photo. I believe black and white photography can give you something to think about, maybe even wrestle your imagination more than if you just watch a color photo.

10th Oct, 2003 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

I love black and white photography. If you look at any photography books with war or history themes, the black and white pics help tell the story more than the coloured pics.

I think it also works in portfolios. One of my cousins did a portfolio, one in colour and another in black and white. In my opinion, the pics in colour didn't do her justice. I think the colours acted as a distraction to her beauty.

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2003 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I like black photography, it makes things seem alot more traditional.  When i got married some of the pictures my mom took were in black and white and i love them.  They are beautiful.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2004 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Color Black & White Photography

I like using both b&w and color. It depends on what you are taking a picture of and what kind of mood you are trying to create. If I'm looking a textures and shadows, I would use b&w. If I were trying to capture the innocence of a child, either would work, but I can feel more emotion when there is color in his cheeks.

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2004 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Color Black & White Photography Movies Music Fashion & Sports

As a professional photographer we use B&W to isolate a subject, as somethings photographed in color, you are overwelmed by all the colors your eyes are seeing.
An Ansel Adams landscape print would not have as much impact when photographed in color! Headshots also are normally submited in B&W. for the same reasons. To bring attention to the person and not color of the shirt or top the person is using.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Color or Black & White Photography

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,